Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Birthday Collector
2,610 Posts
Yeah - I saw that this morning - looks pretty cool - I wonder how much less than a Ti version? I'd like a Jones Spaceframe - I wonder if he could build a thin-wall steel frame with the curvy tubes and have it be reasonably light and still fairly strong?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I e-mailed him about 2 years ago about building a truss fork for me, he never got back to me! From that blog it also stated the Merlin will stop building for him, so I imagine the the future wait will be even looooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggeeeeeeeeeeeeer.

·
Birthday Collector
2,610 Posts
Yogii - were you asking for a Ti truss fork, or a steel one? Merlin was building Ti, and yes, I saw also that they were no longer building. I would bet that if Jeff has orders coming in, he'll arrange for a high-quality builder to do Ti frames and forks for him. As he wasn't doing steel truss forks or frames before, maybe your e-mail about it was "one of the many requests..." he mentions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.