Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all

looking at geo numbers of the new genesis fortitude 29er it seems to be pretty close to jeff jones bike.. Genesis 29er Prototype - Geometry - Genesis Bikes
i'm wondering what you guys think how it would compare to jones with regards to handling.. would be nice to have an alternative to jones for us in EU..
v.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Priority 600x, Pinion C.12, Gates, I9 Hydras with WTB KOM i40, Paul Klamper
294 Posts
That Genesis looks to miss the "jones" mark on a couple of dimensions, namely ST angle (much steeper) and TT length (much longer). Plus, the fork offset is significanly less (40mm vs 55mm) for the same HT angle, so trail will be different.

I think the Singular Gryphon is a little closer to the Jones geo, though the ETT is still a bit longer. Singular Gryphon

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
there are few interesting options (like nimble 9, kona honzo or transam 29er) which should be available in europe soon, but none of them is designed as a rigid bike.. after all the positive reviews I've read on jones, I would love to try it, but shipping costs are simply too high :(
when I saw the numbers for new genesis I thought this might be close to jones, but I'm not going to argue with a guy who designed it.. :)
gryphon does look interesting though.. only if there was someone who could actually compare it to jones.. :)

·
Registered
364 Posts
This thread is surreal ) I rode that orange Ari when we visited BenBen last year - they sell Genesis and Singular. Great bike - really great. I like Ari's stuff. If you're thinking custom I'd reccomend him. But if you're after a Jones, there is only one choice - get a Jones : )

·
Registered
356 Posts
This thread is surreal ) I rode that orange Ari when we visited BenBen last year - they sell Genesis and Singular. Great bike - really great. I like Ari's stuff. If you're thinking custom I'd reccomend him. But if you're after a Jones, there is only one choice - get a Jones : )
It's a small world, I also got to touch Christians orange ARI before ordering my own ARI frame back in 2009...:thumbsup: Great bike but like you say, not a Jones...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.