Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have read all the info on the Jones H bar, and I want to try one out. Problem is I don't want to drop the serious jack for one until I know I like it.

Anyone got one they want to part with? Cheap? Maybe one I can borrow?

Thanks,

·
Registered
571 Posts
Big Pig said:
So I have read all the info on the Jones H bar, and I want to try one out. Problem is I don't want to drop the serious jack for one until I know I like it.

Anyone got one they want to part with? Cheap? Maybe one I can borrow?

Thanks,
Jeff used to have some cheaper cromo ones laying around the shop, but they are all sold out (I was lucky to get one of them).

Get the Ti ones and try it.

The are always resellable. Just advertise it for $15 less than what Jeff sells it for and I assure you that someone here on mtbr will buy it from you. Consider the $15 loss a rental free.

You won't find too many on the used market, which is why people will buy your's if you end up not liking it.

One cheap way to test out the 45 degree sweep is to look for a set of english three speed handlebars. Some shops sell them new for just $15. Get a long stem and mount it to mimick the Jones position.

Of all the people who have test ridden my bike, all XC riders have loved the bars. There were only 2 people who didn't like the bars and they are downhillers and said they had a hard time picking up the front end because they were used to years of BMX and DH riding with straight/riser bars and said they would have to retrain themselves.

To me, they are one of the best innovations I've come across in my 10+ years of serious riding. Comfortable on long rides and the sweeps make it easier for technical control of the bike in slow speed rocky terrain. Rock gardens are easier for me now with the Jones.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.