Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for the info...

dos-how's the Jones fork treating you here in the Wasatch? My old IF 29er SS had their steel fork and it rode pretty darn smooth for a rigid fork and the custom Titus 29er SS right now just has a Reba which is, well, a Reba....Has the Truss fork been all that it is cracked up to be? How's the ride been on the some of our rockier descents? I know you're only a few rides into ownership but any quirks w/ the Jones geometry or anything?

decisions, decisions....

cheers,

-d

·
Registered
625 Posts
Alta825 said:
Thanks for the info...

dos-how's the Jones fork treating you here in the Wasatch? My old IF 29er SS had their steel fork and it rode pretty darn smooth for a rigid fork and the custom Titus 29er SS right now just has a Reba which is, well, a Reba....Has the Truss fork been all that it is cracked up to be? How's the ride been on the some of our rockier descents? I know you're only a few rides into ownership but any quirks w/ the Jones geometry or anything?

decisions, decisions....

cheers,

-d
I havent had a chance to take it on any of the really rocky descents along the wasatch, but I took it down part of the crest trail, pretty rocky..The truss fork is nice, a lot better than my ti strutt blacksheep fork or my carbon bonty 29er fork , or my old sibex ti 29er frok, or my myriads of other steel forks...Main diff- its stiff as hell..Stiffer than any of the others..Why would this make a more compliant front end? It wouldnt, unless it was coupled with the jones frame geometry..It puts you at more of an angle so the impact doesnt jar you..hard to explain..if you live in the wasatch, pm me and I can let you try it out:thumbsup:

·
used to be uno-speedo....
1,279 Posts
dosboy said:
I havent had a chance to take it on any of the really rocky descents along the wasatch, but I took it down part of the crest trail, pretty rocky..The truss fork is nice, a lot better than my ti strutt blacksheep fork or my carbon bonty 29er fork , or my old sibex ti 29er frok, or my myriads of other steel forks...Main diff- its stiff as hell..Stiffer than any of the others..Why would this make a more compliant front end? It wouldnt, unless it was coupled with the jones frame geometry..It puts you at more of an angle so the impact doesnt jar you..hard to explain..if you live in the wasatch, pm me and I can let you try it out:thumbsup:
And there's no brake flex when braking hard. The main reason I like this fork.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Another good point

uno-speedo said:
And there's no brake flex when braking hard. The main reason I like this fork.
Thats always been my main beef with rigid forks, esp ti, my sibex, holy crap, it moved like a noodle under braking, the jones , no flex at all, no jolting you around when you do go through rock gardens, it really is quite amazing.
I thought about getting a steel jones, jeff has a bit about the ride on his blog, you can also get one of those with a ti truss fork, which in my opinion, not only looks cool, but would be a pimpin ride..

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
snowdrifter said:
One thought comes to mind. OVERPRICED.
It's only overpriced if your perceived enjoyment doesn't mentally match your capitol output. :nono:

While I find them super expensive, I believe I would be happy after the purchase. And I'm the type who usually has buyers remorse on things as small as grips, stems and handlebars... :madman:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.