Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been hearing lots of great things about Jeff Jones' bikes, but can't find any reviews at all. Has anybody out there ridden one? Seen a review? Anything?

·
Banned
4,348 Posts
oldandslow said:
I've been hearing lots of great things about Jeff Jones' bikes, but can't find any reviews at all. Has anybody out there ridden one? Seen a review? Anything?
Reference this link http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=352089

Jones bikes are thought of by some to be the epitome of art in relation to bicycles..Pure unadulterated bike sex...................................:)

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
EDDIE JONES said:
Pure unadulterated bike sex...................................:)
Cost ya more than a night with a Vegas call girl too.
Almost as much as a divorce.... :eek: ;)

·
Banned
4,348 Posts
slocaus said:
Cost ya more than a night with a Vegas call girl too.
Almost as much as a divorce.... :eek: ;)
But you can ride the bike harder with little damage;)

·
Banned
4,348 Posts
Suprisingly, there isn't much on MTBR reviewing Jones bikes...Maybe too expensive for most (including me) and just not enough out there. I know member Aquaholic has one and could probably answer any questions that you have...And Whafe is having one built as we speak (lucky him)...There was this thread about climbing on a Jones http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=289611&highlight=jones+bikes

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
oldandslow said:
OK, so the love fest continues, but I still haven't seen a real review...
Use advanced search for "jones" and user "Aquaholic". He had a whole detailed write up and review of going to Oregon, riding with JJ, the build, getting the bike, etc. If that is not a review to make you happy, well............

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
EDDIE JONES said:
Suprisingly, there isn't much on MTBR reviewing Jones bikes...
The fact that me makes what, 5 a year. What percent of the total, say < 50 bikes are MTBR junkie---, uh, users. :eek:ut:

·
Banned
4,348 Posts
slocaus said:
The fact that me makes what, 5 a year. What percent of the total, say < 50 bikes are MTBR junkie---, uh, users. :eek:ut:
Yeah, I know he doesn't make many but I do think he could contribute one to me...Being as we might be related, you know, Jones and all...I am so jealous of Whafe:prft::prft::prft::prft::cryin::cryin: And I'm not really a junkie, I just have a errr, ummm, healthy hobby?:skep:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Have you looked into Wolfhound bikes ?

I can't find much on them either but after checking out their website they make a sweet look'n frame and some really cool features for a more reasonable price.

·
Banned
4,278 Posts
slocaus said:
Use advanced search for "jones" and user "Aquaholic". He had a whole detailed write up and review of going to Oregon, riding with JJ, the build, getting the bike, etc. If that is not a review to make you happy, well............
That revew is on the Turner forum on the first page, I think.

·
Registered
211 Posts
lil hillbilly said:
i dont know what the guy means by strange st/ seatpost combo means but I bet that bike can manual better than his. i had forgoten how cool motomans Jones is!:thumbsup:

hey uno spd. is that a merlin jones?:cool:
my littlewheeled Singlespeeder has a similar Geo. I know ´bout manualing :p

But I´m pretty sure uno-speedos jones is killer on the trails. All I wanna say is, that these two bends (one in the seattube and one in the seatpost) doesn´t look very harmonic to me, on a non curved diamond frame.

but hey uno-speedo; a ride review and some more pics would be fine.

b.asti

·
Registered
350 Posts
My Jones and a white sheep!

Here is my priceless One....picked it up s/h....rides fantastic..... though I am tempted by the fully compliant and rigid Merlin version!

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Is that Biff's old bike?

Here's mine, not a 29er but I was undecided at the time so went with 26", despite Jeff trying to persuade me!

Rides wonderfully though.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I do like that bent tube but the grass is always greener! Could be Biff's .....is he Rob from Michigan? The bike is now living in the UK.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts