Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Jones H-Bar on my singlespeed an dabsolutely love it.

My question is: I've recently come across another one (if I don't use it, I'll hang onto it :thumbsup: ), and am toying with the idea of putting it on my singlespeed's geared fraternal twin (same kind and size frame).

Anyone have experience with shifter set-ups and configurations? I saw on Jeff's website the illustrations are with the XTR integrated shifter/brake (thus one mounting point). I also noticed he sells "thumbies" as shifters...

Anyone have photos of your (or someone you know) shifter and brake setups on a Jones H-Bar?

My (geared) bike has Magura Marta SLs and SRAM X.9 shifters. Running a great RF bar on it now, but I'd like to experiment :D

Thanks,

R

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
RSW42 said:
Anyone have experience with shifter set-ups and configurations? I saw on Jeff's website the illustrations are with the XTR integrated shifter/brake (thus one mounting point).
That's what I did with my Titec H-bar, except I went with an XT integrated shifter/brake. I'm very happy with it.

I briefly experimented with separate trigger shifters and brake levers. It can be made to work, but I lost at least one set of hand positions, plus it wasn't ergonomically satisfying.

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
I think the dual controls will work really well with them.

Here's an old pic of mine with some old Deore shifters. They work really nice.

·
'Calm Down'
854 Posts
Lots of options with photos in this thread: Jones Bars on Geared bike

My preferred set up is a XO Trigger (1x9) with a Formula Mix-Master mount & Oro k24 discs. (Photos in above link.)

jw

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GrumpyOne said:
Lots of options with photos in this thread: Jones Bars on Geared bike

My preferred set up is a XO Trigger (1x9) with a Formula Mix-Master mount & Oro k24 discs. (Photos in above link.)

jw
Mix master mount...where do you get those?

I found one source that says they are for SRAM X.0s...I have X.9 triggers. ???

R

·
'Calm Down'
854 Posts
If you have the newer X.9 with the removable bar clamp, they'll work with MixMasters. (They're listed as working with the Avid Matchmaker™ as well.)

I think I bought mine at JensonUSA: Formula Mixmaster

jw

RSW42 said:
Mix master mount...where do you get those?

I found one source that says they are for SRAM X.0s...I have X.9 triggers. ???

R

·
rider
807 Posts
GrumpyOne said:
My preferred set up is a XO Trigger (1x9) with a Formula Mix-Master mount & Oro k24 discs.
+1 I've also used this setup on Mary's, Luv Handles and regular bars. Works well for me. :thumbsup:

·
anyone else smell that?
2,314 Posts
those won't work then....tried myself. the 09 for sure...maybe the 08 x.9 shifters have the removable clamps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts