Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering about those out there who have added Jones bars to their bike. I am using the same 120mm thomson stem that I used with my 11 degree 26" wide Salsa flat bar. So far it seems plenty nice as far as fit goes. I usually run with my thumbs right behind the crossbar and the levers pushed forward enough to work like that. Its only been a couple weeks however so time will tell. I did speak with Jeff when he sent the bars out and he mentioned trying my current stem right off the bat and so far it seems like its working out.

Anyone have thoughts? Am I missing something?

· Registered
687 Posts
long story short...

I just got done working this one out. I ended up going shorter with more rise (Thomson 100x15) this was because I got the H-Bar for my new custom frame. So now I have a TT that is long enough for me (25") and I started with stems that where too long, 140,130,120...
The rise was neccesary with all those lengths. So if you are used to the frame and fit of your current frame I would use a 15 rise and follow Jeff Jones advice on 10-20mm lenghth increase. Try to borrow before you buy...I have an extra Thomson now.
BTW, I luv my bar !!!
Jefe'

· Registered
20,924 Posts
ATXSS said:
Just wondering about those out there who have added Jones bars to their bike. I am using the same 120mm thomson stem that I used with my 11 degree 26" wide Salsa flat bar. So far it seems plenty nice as far as fit goes. I usually run with my thumbs right behind the crossbar and the levers pushed forward enough to work like that. Its only been a couple weeks however so time will tell. I did speak with Jeff when he sent the bars out and he mentioned trying my current stem right off the bat and so far it seems like its working out.

It fits because you ride with your thumbs right behind the crossbar, putting your hands in about the same position as they were with the old flat bar. If you start riding further back on the grip area, then you might need a longer stem.

· Candlestick Maker
3,941 Posts
ATXSS said:

I stayed w/ the same stem length. With a regular bar, my Inbred felt a bit long in the top tube. With the Jones and the same stem (90mm, I think) it feels just about right.

baker

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.