Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I originally got this so I could use it on my amclassic SS wheel. however, it hits the spokes and therefore does not work. I ended up getting a new amclassic wheelset with a non-SS hub (in transit) and was wondering about mounting the cassette. I know I will need to use some spacers, but what about the lockring? my cassette is a 17-34 and all the lockrings I see are for 11-12T. how can I secure this baby?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
the 12t should be suffecient, Maybe e-mail Jeff and see what he recomends, you might as well just run a 9 speed since you have the room, The main benefit to the 6spd is to use a dishless rear wheel for strength

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
scooter916 said:
the 12t should be suffecient, Maybe e-mail Jeff and see what he recomends, you might as well just run a 9 speed since you have the room, The main benefit to the 6spd is to use a dishless rear wheel for strength
yeah I think I am just going to go with a 9spd XTR now since it is the exact same weight as the XT modified 6spd. I really don't need 9 gears, but it'll make things easier since I can't use my SS wheelset anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.