Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

Blowout snapped this lovely pic of me Tuesday night at Big Finn, thought I'd share it with you all. Yeah...I was testing out this new ride known as "The Impaler"...

Anybody else have any treasured pics of themselves "in flight", post them and join the SS Flying Club today!

Best Regards,

Chris

"theredgreenSShow"

Attachments

·
Registered
605 Posts
theredgreenSShow said:
...Thanks for the concern, my little C.u.S.S. is just dandy!
More to the point ... what'd you hit that would cause you (of all people) to endo like that? Looks like nice easy flat trail in the picture. Did you duck and roll over "Vlad"? We all want to know how you escaped puncture injury.

·
The name's Norm...
152 Posts
Hydraulic brakes! Who needs 'em!! :rolleyes:
I'm suprised that pic hasn't been put on the 'Photo Caption' forum.

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
Was this one of those moments where bystanders hit the floor before you did, laughing themselves to tears, waving a camera as if it were the victory flag? Good video camara's offer nice still shots, could be a nice way to cheat into getting such a pic :)
I can't imagine how you ended up in that part of air space...

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Guital2 said:
Warning: Do not turn your wheel 90 degrees when approaching a rut and wearing a chineese hat.
especially when your bike doesnt have a chainring

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pilot Briefing...How to Fly, part 1

JRA said:
More to the point ... what'd you hit that would cause you (of all people) to endo like that? Looks like nice easy flat trail in the picture. Did you duck and roll over "Vlad"? We all want to know how you escaped puncture injury.
JRA~

Well, Kyle had just rode right over it, nice and slow like, so I went back and pedaled up to it, pulled up and about then my back tire rolled over one of "Vlad the Impaler's" broken limbs and spun-out instead of providing me with the traction to propel me forward over the log. My front tire bounced off the log when it was part ways over and then following the law of thermodynamics shot backwards, resulting in this picture. Kyle does have impeccable timing on the camera, doesn't he? Escaping puncture injury is easy when you weigh a buck forty two, are 2-dimensional and lucky...but, honestly I actually did put a puncture in my left elbow. Collected a few bruises too...I got off cheap. Bike was fine too...rest of the ride was much less eventful. It's a good thing.

Chris

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ironic Idea...

maSSpayne said:
Hydraulic brakes! Who needs 'em!! :rolleyes:
I'm suprised that pic hasn't been put on the 'Photo Caption' forum.
Doesn't Maxxis sponsor the Photo Caption Contest? If so, pretty ironic that I was wearing one of April Lawyer's old Maxxis jerseys...lol

Chris

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not that I didn't try...

Mine'sAPint said:
You'll be lucky to get a picture of me with the tires off the ground, let alone doing a full on SSuperman impression :D

At least you didn't head butt a tree this time, eh ;)
Ian,

I'm sure if there had been a Cedar nearby I would have attempted a tackle. :D

Chris

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.