Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banzai
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I have a weird thing for IRD cantis. Whatcha got?
Have ya'all seen any Joe's Components parts around, do ya know any of the history?

·
bonked
2,129 Posts
I have Joe's brakes front and rear. Well, actually the fronts are on my Manitou which is on a shelf right now. Anyway, I love them. Really nice feel and braking modulation when combined with the finned Matthauser pads. I haven't tried other pads on them, but I suspect they work well with just about anything. They are really rigid which probably helps a lot.

I don't know a ton about the history. There are two different canti arm shapes, one for front applications and one for rear. My pal Earl Bob was sponsored by them for a while when he was racing for Fat, which is how I found out about them. I can snap some pictures if you like.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Got a set of IRD 5-10 canti brakes - right cheer!

Mine are silver - plenty of modulation and stoppy-stoppy power. I've got 'em on my IRO Rob Roy SS 'cross commuter pig, w/ Shimano Exage levers and On*One Midge drop bars.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
114 Posts
I might consider selling a few sets of IRD cantis...

...if interested, drop me an e-mail or PM.
maybe even a trade of some sort.
silver in color - no pads or straddle cables - silver IRD 5-10 cantis, w/ instruction sheet, original IRD boxes - and fancy IRD straddle hanger.
front and rear.
;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.