1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First I want to thank you to Kona for stepping up and providing me with a new
Marzocchi MX Comp fork to replace the one that came on my Kikapu
and the ETA doesn't work properly.

My awesome LBS, IMT in Boise, ID sent it back to SoCal for me and they worked on the original one and replaced cartridge, oil, etc and sent back. Still didn't work.
Gave it adequate ride time and still no go (kept creeping back up).
Marzocchi said they apparently ran out of them and wouldnt' send a different model
(they did offer to work on it again). KONA stepped up and sent a new one
getting cut and put on today.

Next, I like the 2004 Kikapu a lot. It handles really well and is well-balanced. maybe even a tiny bit of the heart of the Stinky in it? :)
My question is, from the pics of the 05's it looks like you've made some changes to the rear suspension. Can you tell me how an 05 rear suspension might feel compared to the 2004? Meaning is it designed to be a bit more plush or.........

Finally, I'm definitly getting both a 2005 Dawg Deluxe and an entry Dirt Jumping bike (which is most definitely capable of handling more than I can throw down!)

I first learned about Kona when I lived in SoCal, and Kelly, your rep down there did a Demo at the Tuesday night rides at El Morr, across from Crystal cove near Laguna Beach, CA.

Kona makes VERY good bikes!

·
Registered
368 Posts
mtnbkrdr98 said:
First I want to thank you to Kona for stepping up and providing me with a new
Marzocchi MX Comp fork to replace the one that came on my Kikapu
and the ETA doesn't work properly.

My awesome LBS, IMT in Boise, ID sent it back to SoCal for me and they worked on the original one and replaced cartridge, oil, etc and sent back. Still didn't work.
Gave it adequate ride time and still no go (kept creeping back up).
Marzocchi said they apparently ran out of them and wouldnt' send a different model
(they did offer to work on it again). KONA stepped up and sent a new one
getting cut and put on today.

Next, I like the 2004 Kikapu a lot. It handles really well and is well-balanced. maybe even a tiny bit of the heart of the Stinky in it? :)
My question is, from the pics of the 05's it looks like you've made some changes to the rear suspension. Can you tell me how an 05 rear suspension might feel compared to the 2004? Meaning is it designed to be a bit more plush or.........

Finally, I'm definitly getting both a 2005 Dawg Deluxe and an entry Dirt Jumping bike (which is most definitely capable of handling more than I can throw down!)

I first learned about Kona when I lived in SoCal, and Kelly, your rep down there did a Demo at the Tuesday night rides at El Morr, across from Crystal cove near Laguna Beach, CA.

Kona makes VERY good bikes!
Kelly's a cool cat, glad you got to meet him.
Ok, onto the techy stuff here...
The full suspension from 2004 to 2005 is going to feel very similar. If anything, the 2005 may be a bit smoother, just due to the different leverage and longer shocks. So i guess it's a bit more plush, but the main difference is the half inch more travel in back.

Glad you got your fork issues worked out!
Joe.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.