1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When it happens, you can thank people like these:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=2618765&mode=linear#post2618765

mrpercussive
'hahaha... norcal section... Geez, i think they do more damage to the trail then us...'

mrpercussive
'thats why always yield to climbers and hikers... and if we cant, make apologies on the way down'

mrpercussive
'and one more near the exit to town (Huge log jump built by kevin from RideSFO)'

BTCEB should get some people together during one of these rides to educate these people about Joaquin Miller's ongoing access issues and how much this kind of irresponsible behavior jeopardizes past work, and future access.

It's not DH vs. XC, young punks vs. veterens, shuttlers vs. climbers, it's common sense vs. selfishness.

·
Banned
6,153 Posts
trail surgeon said:
When it happens, you can thank people like these:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=2618765&mode=linear#post2618765

mrpercussive
'hahaha... norcal section... Geez, i think they do more damage to the trail then us...'

mrpercussive
'thats why always yield to climbers and hikers... and if we cant, make apologies on the way down'

mrpercussive
'and one more near the exit to town (Huge log jump built by kevin from RideSFO)'

BTCEB should get some people together during one of these rides to educate these people about Joaquin Miller's ongoing access issues and how much this kind of irresponsible behavior jeopardizes past work, and future access.

It's not DH vs. XC, young punks vs. veterens, shuttlers vs. climbers, it's common sense vs. selfishness.
You are a whiny "us vs them'er." That get's us no where.

Why don't you RSVP for the ride in question and help educate people - if you feel you have experience or knowledge worth knowing, that is. And if you don't, then you deserve whatever verbal beyotch slapping you get.

Be glad they're riding bikes and are intent on having fun, while exercising and being out doors.

Talk, or action, big boy?

·
pedal pusher
2,234 Posts
Sounds like they are just BSing like the rest of us. Chatting on the board is hardly damaging the trails.

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
ur just a hater, at least these were leagal trails, i know there are tons of illegal trails(at least wer not riding those)

and is it really closed, or is this just BS

It seems both literacy and comprehension skills are part of the problem :rolleyes:

·
BrassBalled DropbarNinja
11,813 Posts
mrpercussive said:
Someone made a comment here about how lame we were if we shuttled and hike our bikes up and how they ride fast too on their hardtails downhill. Now wouldnt skidding out of control on the downhills do more damage to the trails rather then floating over it with suspension?

mrpercussive said:
mrpercussive
most times, only way to stay on the bike and not crash is to use momentum. Those who have rode with me know we try to stop and warn them about how many riders more coming down. If we cant we do make sure we apologies and so far none of the hikers i've encountered have given me the finger. But they smile back cause i at least apologies if i cant stop

mrpercussive said:
If no one's gonna take care of fallen trees blocking trails, at least it's rollable now...

ooohh, and i guess since we're not on hardtail rigid 29ers we cant ride our bikes on our favourite trails????

ps : sorry 29er rigid riders, no offence meant... just couldnt think of the most opposite version of big bikes... :)

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
What's with all the whining?

Seems like we can't have a thread anymore without some Martha Stewart of trail etiquette telling us what we can and can not do.

This belongs in the re-cycle bin.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Looks like

paintballeerXC said:
ur just a hater, at least these were leagal trails, i know there are tons of illegal trails(at least wer not riding those)

and is it really closed, or is this just BS
Looks like a complete failure of the primary education system and/or over-indulgent parents to me. Growing up, my allowance was never enough to afford a downhill rig. Or maybe, paper routes pay way better these days.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Come out and ride with us

Trail surgeon,
I think you are taking the banter of some college students way too seriously.

The "huge" jump is just some dirt piled up against a fallen tree (that incidentally hasn't been cleared since last year) on a part of trail that I have never ridden in all my 10 years of riding in the park. If you can find it be my guest. Besides, with all the logs and deadfall in the park, this place could be a freeride mecca. I'm surprised more stuff hasn't been built.

Seriously join our ride. We are not riding any faster than anyone else and probably a lot slower than most. We always go out of our way to be nice to all the users on the trails. Some close calls are inevitable when two users meet at an especially narrow part of singletrack, but those are few and far between.

So I think you have jumped to a few conclusions here.

BTCEB can't maintain every inch of trail so regular user's of the park should clear or fix dangers on the trail on their own.

·
Banned
6,153 Posts
EBrider said:
Seems like we can't have a thread anymore without some Martha Stewart of trail etiquette telling us what we can and can not do.

This belongs in the re-cycle bin.
Pretty much.

Trail Sturgeon isn't a keeper - throw 'im back!

Hey - d'you get me some brews in SD?

We gotta hook up. Monday afternoon?

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
imridingmybike said:
Pretty much.

Trail Sturgeon isn't a keeper - throw 'im back!
Bottom feeder all the way.

imridingmybike said:
Hey - d'you get me some brews in SD?

We gotta hook up. Monday afternoon?
Yeah, I got you some beer, it was good. Haven't heard from you in weeks.

Can't ride for too long on Mon so I can study for a test on Wed. Could be up for some shuttling at JM or maybe even a Wilder ride. Start a thread if you like.

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
IMHO shuttling a place like JMP can only lead to problems. It's not an appropriate forum for dh shuttle runs. IMHO. I'll accept MrPercussive's previous admission of being a noob as an excuse for the moment for his self-admitted poor trail manners, even if he can't identify them at the moment (hint downhillers never have the right of way).

·
Registered
9,520 Posts
I have been in attendance for a number of the JMP rides. No shuttling, by my definition, has taken place. My definition of shuttling : auto's running the bikes back to the top - no such here ,climb up and ride down. Trail manners have been very diligent to say the least. No one wants to ruin a good place to ride that I have come in contact with - the only " buzz killers " I have come across are from internet posts that judge by text rather than by fact.

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Some curious replies here. SInce trail manners have been very diligent (whatever that means exactly) then how do people end up buzzing past hikers, unable to stop in time.

If someone posts that they have been shuttling, buzzing hikers, illegally building log jumps in the park, riding illegal trails..that exit by town Lower Palos Colorados is closed to bikes.. then how is a reader not supposed to judge them by their own text. If the facts are different than their text, shoold the reader just assume that all of their posts are lies?!?

There's some education in there.

Maybe it's a start. Actually folks started the education in the other JM DH thread here but apparently you can't judge by text, or promises to keep things low key, when you see the same kind of counterproductive nonsense posts just a week later.

keen said:
Trail manners have been very diligent to say the least. No one wants to ruin a good place to ride that I have come in contact with - the only " buzz killers " I have come across are from internet posts that judge by text rather than by fact.

·
Banned
6,153 Posts
trail surgeon said:
Some curious replies here. SInce trail manners have been very diligent (whatever that means exactly) then how do people end up buzzing past hikers, unable to stop in time.

If someone posts that they have been shuttling, buzzing hikers, illegally building log jumps in the park, riding illegal trails..that exit by town Lower Palos Colorados is closed to bikes.. then how is a reader not supposed to judge them by their own text. If the facts are different than their text, shoold the reader just assume that all of their posts are lies?!?

There's some education in there.

Maybe it's a start. Actually folks started the education in the other JM DH thread here but apparently you can't judge by text, or promises to keep things low key, when you see the same kind of counterproductive nonsense posts just a week later.
You're an idiotic, myopic and judgemental prick. The only way to redeem yourself is to go ride with those you scorn.

get off your high horse, trail sturgeon - we're all here to ride bikes and have fun - atleast the rest of us are. if you think by playing judge, jury and executioner that you will accomplish any good - you're wrong. Pointing out the splinter in your neighbors eye, while ignoring the plank in your own is pure idiocy.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.