Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Geez, guys!

Duke Ruffin (the twistly loop that goes out from and back to Big Trees) is fully trashed. Chicken runs around the root sections, somebody's been roosting the turns. Holy crap, this trail is trashed.

Take it easy out there, folks! Ride it, don't slide it! Respect the trails!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Friend of mine got hit on that trail, then hit again as they picked themselves up. Neither of the riders said a word, just picked up their bikes, remounted and carried on.

WE know it's a fast trail but it's not a bike-only trail so please be respectful. Wanna roost? Do it on trails that are designed for it, then help fix them.

No dig, no ride.

·
Registered
2 Posts
seriously! i've been noticing that the rooty downhill section right after you split off of big trees has been shredded from what it once was. people also love to slide that last sharp right turn on big trees before you descend to the sequoia bayview junction.

i never knew that part was called duke ruffin, though i had seen the signs for the picnic area on skyline. what's being built on upper palos looks mighty nice, though. excited about that.

also: first post. hello.

·
Rider, Builder, Dreamer
1,350 Posts
I don't really get it. I love me a rooty inside line. Faster, more fun, more manly (isn't that the goal here?). And the members of the BHSMTB team can tell you how I feel about sliding around turns.....they've done a few pushups for intentional roosting and skidding during practice.

·
Hoolie Ghoulie on Strava.
3,145 Posts
I hate that the trails up there are getting pummeled by bad riding habits. It's just a shame. The cool little S turns are getting straightlined too, and kind of ruined. It seems like there is no love for the trail, just love for the self. I love those trails.

·
Premium Member
5,133 Posts
About 2 months ago I saw guys poaching on motorcycles. The rangers were trying to catch them, but no luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD so please forgive the typos that occur when typing with two fingers.

·
Registered
743 Posts
A shame that a great little trail -my favorite at JMP- is getting ruined by a small share of the mountain bikers who use the park. And no, the trail damage is not due to motorcycles, it's due to bikers being jackasses. Sad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts