Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Join BTCEB for this volunteer trail day in Joaquin Miller Park. We'll be cleaning drains on Sequoia Bayview to clean up the boggy sections, which should further enhance the best singletrack in the East Bay.:thumbsup:

January 2, 2010

Meet at the parking area by the restrooms near the Sequoia Arena gate (off Skyline) between 9-9:30 am for snacks. We'll hit the trail promptly at 9:30. Take the Joaquin Miller/ Lincoln Avenue exit off Highway 13 (Warren Freeway). Proceed up the hill (east) on Joaquin Miller about 1 mile and take a left onto Skyline Blvd at the light. Continue on Skyline 1.2 miles and take your first left into JMP. Circle around to your right to the rest rooms.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
7 including two youth to make mud pies while we worked...it turned out well. Kevin has been building and maintaining trails for 5 years and was a great help on what to do for each section, but was also very diplomatic. If anyone had a different idea, he was willing to work with it and make it happen. Thank you ALL!

Next Trail work on the 30th of January. Same bat channel, same bat time. I will post and let you know what that project will be when it gets closer.

·
From my cold, dead hands
496 Posts
ZEKEDAWG said:
typical, huh. When the calls for volunteers go out you get 3 replies, and one is from the OP. But ask what kinda shorts or chain lube and everyone has something to say.
I know. I kinda feel guilty whenever I read a thread like this! Although I've only been riding for a year now I already feel like its time to give back to the sport that provides me with so much joy.

So...maybe I'll join you guys on the 30th! Do you have to be a BTCEB member? I've been thinking about joining anyway because I've never ridden the East Bay and I keep hearing about how awesome Joaquin Miller Park is. Plus, I visited your website and your group rides look like alot of fun.

I don't know the first thing about trail building/maintenance but I'm pretty good with a maddox or a shovel so if you guys could use an extra set of hands at the end of the month let me know.

Take care and to everyone who works on mtb trails....THANK YOU!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.