Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just when I managed to get my Nokians off and my mud tires on it snows and to make matters worse after my short bus ride I debated deflating my tires from ~60-20 psi and chose not to deflate... I regret it though as about 5 feet from the bike rack I notice my front wheel sliding I tried to save the fall and before I knew it I had slid right into the bike rack... at least I didn't have my legs open :) unfortunatly there was a fire drill so at least 20 people saw the whole episode... at the end I was thinking someone had to jinx the weather I mean damn just when the trails were getting nice and muddy it snows

·
Registered
51 Posts
i like dave's idea!!!! hey dave, re- read big krama's blog. i put some info in the comments on his april 5th post to help you w/ your groc store runs on your LHT.
geo.

·
HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
923 Posts
Oh...I don't need too much help in that area...I went to La Bodega the other day and came back with 4 panniers full of beer. Two 6-packs fit nicely stacked in Ortlieb's Bike Packer Plus and a 6-pack and a couple bombers fit in the Sport Packer Plus.

If I need 20 bombers I can take the beer bike. Anything more than that and I can bust out the Chariot or Big Tow. Ol' Impetus loves the weight...I feel he's more stable with some weight on him than unloaded.

·
Registered
780 Posts
daveIT said:
I shoulda caught a ride with Pete outta town...

Yes you should have. Porcupine Rim this morning after breakfast and Slickrock trail in the afternoon. Maybe a race out at Fruita on Sunday where they actually have a ss class go figure.
You're always welcome to set up a tent next to my van if you make it down here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts