Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
trail addict
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to be in Jim Thorpe this Monday. Never rode there before (but I have hiked the water fall trail a few times). Can someone recommend a good 6-10 mile ride on some good trails? We are not looking for rails-trails. We want some sweet singletrack, we are on full-suspension bikes and we want to see the best of what Jim Thorpe offers in one day. I just don't know where to start. Also, could anyone give a telephone number for a good shop in the area in case we have any problems?

Thanks a bunch!

Jamie

·
trail addict
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
euphoria said:
ok its after monday, but in case you ever go back:

http://jttrails.wordpress.com/
Thanks. We didn't make it on Monday after all. My bud's shifter snapped off Sunday so our road trip took a detour. But we'll make it sometime this summer.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Check the site for maps

I would recommend climbing Flagstaff to Bob's Option (nice DH) then up Coal Cracker to the Broad Mountain overlook and down the Wagon Road (loose rocky DH) or Indian Path (tight singletrack DH). More like 16 miles with a mix of climbs, smooth trails, rocks, views, and downhills. Or do Twin Peaks for a bit longer ride which skips the Bob's Option DH. All maps are on the site below. Enjoy!

·
COOL BUZZ & TASTY S-TRACK
1,110 Posts
Jim Thorpe Trails said:
I would recommend climbing Flagstaff to Bob's Option (nice DH) then up Coal Cracker to the Broad Mountain overlook and down the Wagon Road (loose rocky DH) or Indian Path (tight singletrack DH). More like 16 miles with a mix of climbs, smooth trails, rocks, views, and downhills. Or do Twin Peaks for a bit longer ride which skips the Bob's Option DH. All maps are on the site below. Enjoy!
That sounds like a nice route. I'm familiar with those trails, there is a nice mix.

I'm planning on coming up sometime this summer will some riding buds that have never been there. I have not been there since the last MBW.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Uncle Six Pack said:
Yeah, was there already, but I won't get the book by Monday. We'll go to BMS monday morning and see what we find.

Thanks!
FWIW, They have this book, or something similar in the shop. I just wanted everyone to know. ttyl, Fahn

·
Registered
21 Posts
Me and my buddy will be arriving at JT tomorrow about noonish. We'll set up tents and then be out finding the trails. I've taken a lot of tips from this thread but it would be great if any locals want to join and show us some of the swoopy trails as we've not been here before!

We're hitting Blue Marsh on Sunday and I have a gps track for that so we should be fine there - but come along if you want. Just PM me.

Thanks,

Daniel.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.