Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
wrench
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure you all have seen this, but yesterday, JHK and Heather won the US National Marathon Championships in Breckenridge, CO aboard 29ers.

JHK won on his Superfly 100 and Heather on her Superfly hardtail. JHK's bike was outfitted with Sram XX, Rock Shox Reba and Bontrager XR1 tires while Heather's was Sram X.0 with a 2x9 set up (36/24 c-ring combo) Reba (80mm travel) and Bontrager XR1 tires.

Both of them broke the course records- JHK by 10 minutes. No news to anyone on here, but who says a 5'4" woman cannot ride a 29er! :D

Congrates to both of them:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Expert Crasher
6,358 Posts
That's such a wicked looking bike.

If you ever need a 200lb+ test rider for your XL size, I'm here....:)

·
Registered
370 Posts
Padre's Nightmare

Boy, that set up would sure piss Padre off. Check it out, a negative rise stem and a riser bar.

What's the world coming to?

·
wrench
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guitar Ted said:
Very Cool! Can we expect to see JHK in a SRAM ad soon? :D

And how about you MattO? Did you turn the pedals in anger this weekend? ;)
You know it! Shep, the other mech and I were a team- Subaru-Gary Fisher Team Mechanics Team;) That one pic above is me with the big smile and pumped fist not celebrating my run, but hearing JHK and HI had won. :D

·
wrench
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
XR1's have been very popular for sure. We have used the 29-3 2.0" at a bunch of races though. I ran 29-3 2.0" front and rear yesterday. Shep ran the 29-3 2.25 front and ACX rear.

We have some new tires we are testing that will probably be run at XC Nat's if all works out. Very light and fast! :eek:

·
wrench
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Padre said:
Excellent call.

His mechanic clearly does not love him. :incazzato:
Ha ha!!!! JHK likes it, er, LOVES it, so I aint touching it!:D

Matto

·
wrench
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
One thing I completely forgot to say also, my boy Jay Henry in 3rd was on a Superfly as was Peter in 4th!

3 out of the top 5 on 29ers and Fishers to boot:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Matto, congrats on the team's wins first of all. :thumbsup:

- My question is : Are the new Fly's and Fly 100's OCLV this year? Please say "Yes" as that IMO would be the best thing Fish/Trek could do for the brand.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts