Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Not-quite-geezer RVer
Joined
·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo, front range peeps--long time no see (well, about a month anyway). Just thought I'd check in with a quick xpost link in case you don't follow Passion:

Gorgeous day on the trails in Grand Junction, Colorado


Been having a great time out west. The weather's been quite warm and the trails mostly dry until this last week or so. Rode most of the "good stuff" at least once now. Highlights include the Ribbon, Gunny, Holy Cross, and Eagle's Wing and Tail (sans Free Lunch!) in GJ; Zion Curtain to Overlook, and the Western Rim at RV; Joe's, Kessel, Zippity, Chutes, Veggie at 18rd; Mary's, Horsethief, Steve's, Lions, Mack, and the epic Moore Fun (both ways :thumbsup:) at Loma. Need to get those pics up sometime... but, as you might gather, I've been kinda busy, heh.

Got a couple more weeks of work here, then hoping to head down to Arizona or somewhere else warm for a while. :cool: See ya!
 

·
t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
Joined
·
4,765 Posts
That's awesome! Sounds like your getting in some good riding! Glad you made it to one of our night rides and rode that down (the now dubbed) Jeremys traverse in the snow! Too bad we didn't get any pics that night! I"ll have to check out the other thread!

keep it up:thumbsup:
 

·
Not-quite-geezer RVer
Joined
·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PBR me! said:
That's awesome! Sounds like your getting in some good riding! Glad you made it to one of our night rides and rode that down (the now dubbed) Jeremys traverse in the snow! Too bad we didn't get any pics that night! I"ll have to check out the other thread!keep it up:thumbsup:
Actually, I did get one semi-decent pic from the back of the queue at the top of Jeremy's:


You will note the lack of snow on that particular night however. I'm kinda krazy, but I think I'd draw the line with 20s, rox, darkness, and snow simultaneously. Pick 3 out of 4. :cool: That was a fun night out though, for sure--thanks again for letting me tag along.

MCS5280 said:
Is that a folding bike? :eekster:
Sure nuff. Click here for a thread that explains everything. (well, you know, most things...)
 

·
t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
Joined
·
4,765 Posts
Yeah, it has been more snow rides lately. Got nights mixed up a bit, after doing this for three or so months on a weekly basis and seeing scar in shorts would suggest it was warm as he has not came out for a while! I guess pimpin his lights has got him a lot of sales lately. That's great except we never see the guy anymore!

Cheers Carey and keep it up! We'll keep our eyes out for you!

kevin
 

·
Heads up Flyboy!!
Joined
·
3,165 Posts
Awesome Shots Carey! Doesn't Jeremy's remind you of a shorter version of Heartbreak Ridge...albeit...its way shorter and has way less shrubbery =)....all this whining about the "long" climbs here in the front range makes me giggle...

Enjoying your pics...look us up when your back in town.

Jeremy of the Traverse
 

·
Not-quite-geezer RVer
Joined
·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mountaingoatepics said:
Awesome Shots Carey! Doesn't Jeremy's remind you of a shorter version of Heartbreak Ridge...albeit...its way shorter and has way less shrubbery =)....
Well, I might grant you some comparo to Daniel Ridge, but Heartbreak seems pretty generous. ;) But then again, I'm not really qualified to comment on HBR. That's allegedly one of Asheville's crown jewels, but unfortunately I didn't ride it when I was out there last December. Curtis Creek road (the "long way" per your website) was closed due to some bogus bridge construction project, and I wasn't really keen on getting hopelessly lost and/or bear hunted trying to solo the secretive Old Toll route, so I decided to put that one off till next time (whenever that may be).

I still found plenty to enjoy out there--Pisgah and surroundings--awesome terrain and riding scene both. I still haven't seen anything quite like PMBAR or TMHTE anywhere else in the country. That "roll your own route" concept seems to something sprawling Pisgah is uniquely well suited for.

all this whining about the "long" climbs here in the front range makes me giggle...
Enjoying your pics...look us up when your back in town.
Jeremy of the Traverse
Jeremy, you better not taunt your new CO pals too much about their puny little climbs, or one of them might take you up in the Mountains and make you ride something like this or this or this or this or this next summer (or all of the above if you're lucky :thumbsup:). Already looking forward to reading your reports...
 

·
Heads up Flyboy!!
Joined
·
3,165 Posts
FoldsInHalf said:
Well, I might grant you some comparo to Daniel Ridge, but Heartbreak seems pretty generous. ;)
But then again, I'm not really qualified to comment on HBR. That's allegedly one of Asheville's crown jewels, but unfortunately I didn't ride it when I was out there last December. Curtis Creek road (the "long way" per your website) was closed due to some bogus bridge construction project, and I wasn't really keen on getting hopelessly lost and/or bear hunted trying to solo the secretive Old Toll route, so I decided to put that one off till next time (whenever that may be).
Ay, I can see a few sections of Daniel being comparable. Ravine edge, ribbon thin singletrack. I do miss all the rocks of Daniel, Pilot, Falow...Yeah, Heartbreak may be pushing it...but there is a flow that is familiar..Old Toll is the climb of climbs...all 15 miles of it but I still consider Curtis Creek to be the harder of the two as do most who have done both.

FoldsInHalf said:
I still found plenty to enjoy out there--Pisgah and surroundings--awesome terrain and riding scene both. I still haven't seen anything quite like PMBAR or TMHTE anywhere else in the country. That "roll your own route" concept seems to something sprawling Pisgah is uniquely well suited for.
Thats something I'm still missing. I'm sure there is a place here that is miles and miles of interconnected technical singletrack and fireroad...Ward is the closest I've found yet but the search is still on.

FoldsInHalf said:
Jeremy, you better not taunt your new CO pals too much about their puny little climbs, or one of them might take you up in the Mountains and make you ride something like this or this or this or this or this next summer (or all of the above if you're lucky :thumbsup:). Already looking forward to reading your reports...
Looking forward to the extended Climbs...BBD and myself are already talking about some mileage producing epics..Its been nice gaining a bit of anonymity hence the reason for no new blog after shutting down the website. Your reports are giving me something to look forward to for next summer.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top