Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Just Wanna Ride!
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get some feedback on the ride of the Jet with the RS Monarch. Found a closeout 80mm Jet frame with a Monarch and considering picking it up. Have had a lot of FS bikes but all have had Fox shocks.

Any feedback on the ride / servicability / durability of the Monarchs would be greatly appreciated. Anybody riding a Jet with Monarch mounted up?

·
Registered
723 Posts
Just stumbled across this....

Yes, I put a Monarch XX on a J9C

Worked great....was actually a little more plush as the Monarch Spring Rate is more linear.

No change in pedaling platform when wide open. Immediate lock-out via the X-Loc remote.

It actually works & pedals so good I set it up as a Singlespeed!

I'll dig around for some pics & post if/when I find them...w/o pics it doesn't exist :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,778 Posts
The Jet9 works great with all RS Monarch Shocks....especially the plush, Monarch 3.3/4.2/RT3.

·
Just Ride!
1,257 Posts
Probably a BIG difference between the carbon framed 100mm bike you show and the aluminum 80mm bike that NCtrailX is asking about? Though I suppose the overall quality and reliability of the shock would be similar...

·
Registered
723 Posts
Probably a BIG difference between the carbon framed 100mm bike you show and the aluminum 80mm bike that NCtrailX is asking about? Though I suppose the overall quality and reliability of the shock would be similar...
The Monarch Shock itself will perform the same on each bike....the Carbon vs Alloy and 100mm vs 80mm are factors outside of how the shock itself performs.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I guess I am not that familiar with FS bikes, so is the shock on the bike you show identical to the closeout Jet 9?
Yes, as far as suspension action and ride quality.....the only difference is the XX has the handlebar remote lock-out...vs the lever lock-out on the shock.

The Monarchs perform better than the Fox shocks....have a more linear rate and don't have that end of stroke ramp up/harshness......and you don't have to run lower sag than recommended to utilize all of the available travel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts