Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Back of the pack fat guy
4,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there some "rule of thumb" guidelines for the amount of pressure to run in the rear shock on a 2011 Jet 9? I go about 195 - 200 lbs with a very full Camelbak. Picking up my new Jet 9 build today and want to make sure I'm starting with approximately the right PSI without having to d!ck around with the whole "o-ring/sag % test" procedure today. Time - and daylight - are wasting....

·
Always Learning
9,608 Posts
Are there some "rule of thumb" guidelines for the amount of pressure to run in the rear shock on a 2011 Jet 9? I go about 195 - 200 lbs with a very full Camelbak. Picking up my new Jet 9 build today and want to make sure I'm starting with approximately the right PSI without having to d!ck around with the whole "o-ring/sag % test" procedure today. Time - and daylight - are wasting....
Unfortunately, the "dick around procedure" of setting up your sag correctly is the ticket. And not everyone prefers to run the same amount of sag. And, not everyone's air pump measures air correctly. Sag is the best way and takes about what? 3-5 minutes of your time.

BB

·
Registered
76 Posts
For what its worth, I run 130 psi and I weight 195 (without gear) on a 2010 medium Jet 9.

That being said, I agree with BB that riding style, desired suspension characteristics and variances in shock pumps can make a difference. For example, my two shock pumps read a couple of psi apart and a few psi can make a noticeable difference in the ride.

The Jet 9 is a really fun bike, I think you'll enjoy it.

-Nutball

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.