Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
2006 sswc RockStar
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jesse is a nice geezer as well, briefly spoke to him at sswc05, he won the race, and i barely finished, and i mean barely, i was wearing a very skimpy superman outfit, very fetching i thought.............................

·
SpoK Werks Handmade Goods
1,201 Posts
That kick hurt!

RockStarRacing said:
Jesse is a nice geezer as well, briefly spoke to him at sswc05, he won the race, and i barely finished, and i mean barely, i was wearing a very skimpy superman outfit, very fetching i thought.............................
Ouch! My saggy testes were injured by that OLD comment. ;-)

Skimpy Superman outfit eh? Watch Sally Jessie Raphael much?

Going to '07 Scotland? If so, I/we (wife & I) are making plans to go too. Just a little closer for us from Munich though.

·
2006 sswc RockStar
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
?, who, OLD comment, not sure what you mean. either way,yes doing scotland. 1st worlds i did were good (05), last year was really good, really enjoyed it, so hopefully, continuing the trend, SSWC07 will be the best yet! cant wait!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Feel the steel.

Hey guys, thanks for noticing. The boys at Fisher went above and beyond with the paint. I'm flattered by your comments.

In 2004 I had a pink gunnar that I killed every weekend. I loved that bike. The only problem was the wheel size. I sold it, went 29 and never looked back until 07. I missed the pink and figured the only way to bring it back was to get two race bikes with similar colors. Pictured is a couple race bikes. Hmmmm, similarities?

I'm stoked to get back on a steel bike yet alone pink. She weighs in at 21lbs as pictured above. I upgraded to 180 cranks because I had a vision. A tighter headtube angle begs for tight single track. The tyres will last until the end of April when Trans-Iowa is complete then it's time for the new Bontrager 1.75 dry x tubless. I've never run a tubless set up on a 29. I've always left the air high (55+). The combination of a steel frame and 35psi should cut down on fatigue in the long run.

Stand by for a ride report.

thanks,
Jesse LaLonde

Attachments

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
RockStarRacing said:
yep, thats me!
Not only did you barely end, but you started barely too. :)

You look like you were expecting to endo and go for a short flight. That would have been a classic photo.

·
Registered
222 Posts
creepyfriendly said:
Looks like the Darkness posted some great pics of his very similar ferrous.
Wow dbl trouble with the GF SS Pinkies ! Jesse and Marko are some top notch fellas ! They are true Rock stars ! 29" one gear and a whole lotta fun..... Remember the Simonster says "44x11" ---- keep the creepyiness friendly :thumbsup: :D

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Narrow tires...

Rootberry said:
Those 1.8's on a rigid bike make my back hurt just looking at them..
...check his blog description of the bike. It's set up for Trans Iowa and training for that race. Not really an MTB course but I've noticed Creepyfriendly has always seemed to like narrow tires for some courses.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.