Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like most trail/enduro MTB jerseys these days are just moisture wicking, super thin fabric that are more like running/gym jerseys. Emphasis is clearly on breathability over substance. I much prefer my older jerseys that are a bit thicker and more durable. Any suggestions for MTB jerseys that aren't "wafer thin" and dainty?

·
Short-Change-Hero
6,534 Posts
Club Ride has some good stuff, perhaps what you're looking for.
Yup I have gotten some good stuff from them so far that isn't overly thin but still pretty breathable. If you have one near you, try Sierra Trading Post. I have had good luck at my local one finding odd shirts and shorts there. More mtb oriented stuff vs. roadie stuff and usually for quite cheap too. Also have liked the Pearl Izumi LAUNCH series for their shirts, again, not overly heavy that if it is warm out I can't ride in it but still not super thin that I freeze if it is lower temp.

·
orthonormal
5,244 Posts
I like Smartwool merino t shirts, both long and short sleeve. They're expensive at full price and still kinda expensive on sale but mine have lasted for years so the value is good.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Does it need to be MTB-specific, and does it need to be a jersey versus a t-shirt?

If not, then these shirts are heavier weight and still (kind of) wick perspiration:

https://www.burton.com/us/en/p/mens-burton-roadie-tech-tee/W19-153771.html

https://www.amazon.com/Under-Armour-Charged-Sportstyle-T-Shirt/dp/B00U8TG390
I ride a lot with non-mtb specific shirts. For me - being relatively tall and long torsoed - the rub is always finding something that doesn't want to ride up in the back. I think mtb specific jerseys are kind of silly a lot of the time, but the drop hem in the back is the one really useful factor that a lot of them have.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.