Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so Im not really big, ..Im 5'9". Or too stocky, Im about 225 with a 48" chest. My question is this,..I want a very L-O-O-S-E fitting jersey for this season. Long sleeve is fine or even 3/4 length is cool too. I don't like anthing binding when I ride,..or when I walk:p . To be honest, Im embarrassed of my beer belly and huge tire tube Im carrying around my waist. Yeah, I know,..and Im working on it, ..honestly.
So anybody got any good suggestions. :D

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hoss. One of the few I've found where an XL fits me (actually, I could wear a large, but like 'em a bit loose, too) and I'm about your size (5'10", 237, 48" chest). An XXL would be like wearing a tent.

And I found them dirt cheap online as well. They make a variety of styles - traditional and sleeveless jerseys, t-shirts and polos.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I ride with a hydration pack, as do most people, so I just buy sweat wicking t-shirts at say target or wherever you like. They are usually $15-$20 verses $80 for an actual jersey. I don't need pockets on my back and they fit like a normal t-shirt.

·
meow meow
10,622 Posts
ChainChain said:
I ride with a hydration pack, as do most people, so I just buy sweat wicking t-shirts at say target or wherever you like. They are usually $15-$20 verses $80 for an actual jersey. I don't need pockets on my back and they fit like a normal t-shirt.
+1. any tech tee will do you good. if it needs to be a bike brand jenson has a few cheap.

·
Registered
318 Posts
b-kul said:
+1. any tech tee will do you good. if it needs to be a bike brand jenson has a few cheap.
I have these too but I'm looking for something with a front zipper.

·
DynoDon
1,666 Posts
Try Motocross Jerseys on, most motorcycle shops have them, I find them on sale for around $20. or less. they're long sleeve, some have sewn in elbow pads, they sure are roomy, made to wear armor under them..Happy Trails

·
Rabid Lana Fan
10,142 Posts
manabiker said:
Try Motocross Jerseys on, most motorcycle shops have them, I find them on sale for around $20. or less. they're long sleeve, some have sewn in elbow pads, they sure are roomy, made to wear armor under them..Happy Trails
Ditto. Also check Dick's and Sports Authority type stores for Hockey Jerseys. They're nice and roomy, dry-fast tech fabric, and pretty cheap, usually.

·
Registered
75 Posts
manabiker said:
I second that, motocross jersey is my fav, if you check local motorbike shops sometimes u can find last years style on discount, I bought two last week for $15 bux each, one is pimp looking rockstar jersey.

·
I'm good at crashing
61 Posts
I am about the same size...I ride with these Nema Podium Jerseys

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/nema-podium-downhill-jersey/

...A 2xl fits over my RockGarden body armor and there is still room to move and be comfy. Very good jerseys. When I am not going too big, I leave the pads off and just wear the jersey and it is super baggy and comfy...

·
meow meow
10,622 Posts
net wurker said:
Ditto. Also check Dick's and Sports Authority type stores for Hockey Jerseys. They're nice and roomy, dry-fast tech fabric, and pretty cheap, usually.
really? like a practice jersey? from my days playing i cant imagine riding in one of those.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.