Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been mountain biking for 1/2 a year now and thinking about buying some biking clothes, I have not idea how the sizes are and was wondering if you guys could help? I'm 6" tall and weigh 190 pounds, i have a 36 inch waist.

also any good brands or over advise is appreciated =)

·
Big Gulps, Alright!
3,223 Posts
You can also get moisture wicking shirts at lots of clothing retailers. Often much cheaper. I found some nice ones on closeout for $5 a piece. You don't get cycling specific pockets, but the material is the same.

Also, if you haven't picked up some cycling shorts, definitely spring for a pair of those. Will totally change your @ss's outlook on riding. :thumbsup:

·
DynoDon
1,666 Posts
In the sring, and fall I like the extra protection/warmth of a long sleeve jersey, so I wear Motocross jerseys, I've found Fox, Thor, and others on sale, some under $20 at Motorcycle shops, some even have sewn in elbow protection. You can try them on there, and get a better idea of the sizing, if you're going to wear gear get a size larger. Happy Trails

·
Trying not to kill myself
391 Posts
mardy908 said:
I've been mountain biking for 1/2 a year now and thinking about buying some biking clothes, I have not idea how the sizes are and was wondering if you guys could help? I'm 6" tall and weigh 190 pounds, i have a 36 inch waist.

also any good brands or over advise is appreciated =)
At your size, you'll probably be looking at no smaller than a size L, and possibly an XL. I'm about 6'1" 190 with a 32" waist, and my jerseys are all size large. Be aware that they're made to fit tight, which can be good if your weight is carried in a buff chest and shoulders, and not so good if it's in a spare tire around the waist. :D I also wear regular wicking sports clothing sometimes, since I wear a Camelbak and don't need the rear pockets anyway. But I do like the zippered front on bike jerseys when the weather gets hot.

If you have a Performance Bikes store nearby, they often have jerseys marked down to under $20, and you can try them on when you're there.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Definitely a padded short, either baggy or the other kind....But you can get runner type shirts, for instance Champion makes a nice vented shirt or something similar you can get at Target for $10 to $15 dollars. They are great for biking and they are cheap enough to get a few at once.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.