Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Linoleum Knife
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jenson started up a new format today. Instead of listing MSRP's and making you hunt for deals on the internet to get a pricematch, they are now offering up the parts at whatever the lowest approved price match they have received from customers.

Pretty cool - My pricematch is on a pair of the shimano pedals.

Worth checking it out!

·
Registered
576 Posts
market price not updated with lowest price match.

I did a price match on a ultimate brs70 work stand. The price was 129.99 including shipping Initially they price matched ot 129.99 but then when I complained about the shipping they claimed it was an oversight and put the price down to about 122 so that the price with shipping would be 129.99. When I look at the market price on jenson it's still 159.99 about $38 dollars higher then what I paid today.

I ordered from Jenson because of all I have heard about them and the fact I never heard of the outfit they were price matching against, however I am not a big fan of stores that have a high price unless you price match.

·
L1MEY
1,487 Posts
That is very cool :)

Searching 10 different websites just to find the best price to pricematch gets old after a while if you are looking for several different items. I don't mind doing that for one item, but it's a bit much when you're looking for 5 or 6 different things. Nice move Jenson!

- Jen.

·
Registered
6 Posts
texas said:
I did a price match on a ultimate brs70 work stand. The price was 129.99 including shipping Initially they price matched ot 129.99 but then when I complained about the shipping they claimed it was an oversight and put the price down to about 122 so that the price with shipping would be 129.99. When I look at the market price on jenson it's still 159.99 about $38 dollars higher then what I paid today.

I ordered from Jenson because of all I have heard about them and the fact I never heard of the outfit they were price matching against, however I am not a big fan of stores that have a high price unless you price match.
its listed now @ 119

·
Registered
576 Posts
doesn't display the market price when you list an item.

When you bring it up it only shows the msrp. To get the market price you need to click on the market button. Would be nice if the market price was displayed when you display the item.

At any rate I am now another Jenson fan.

·
Registered
6 Posts
texas said:
When you bring it up it only shows the msrp. To get the market price you need to click on the market button. Would be nice if the market price was displayed when you display the item.

At any rate I am now another Jenson fan.
They do this because the don't want automated bots from their competitors or price aggregator sites to see the prices easily

·
Registered
162 Posts
Cool, but. . .

I got a great price on an item. Probably saved 30% over where I was planning to buy even after 20% coupons, points rebates and shipping upgrades.

However, 4 days later and my in-stock item has not shipped. I used to pay slightly higher prices at Jenson because they were so good about turning around orders and ground shipping from their warehouse still reached me the 2nd day.

I hope that this is just an anomaly, rather than Jenson service becoming a victim of their marketing success. Parts at any price are worthless to me if I can't use them.

[/gripe]

·
Registered
210 Posts
I made two orders in the past few weeks from Jenson. Both were shipped and arrived very fast. I'm happy and I saved 45% off of retail on 2 of the items. A Marzocchi Marathon S '04 fork, Fox Mesa set of gloves, and ODI Rogue Lock-ons.

·
Registered
595 Posts
It made me a customer...

JensonUSA even pricematched supergo.com's Sigma 1600 + RDS Wireless Kit combo pack ($29.98) for me making each item $15! I wasn't sure how they'd handle that price (since I wanted both), but they updated the price within minutes, and I was still adding other items to my cart when I noticed each one had become $15! :D

Price matching may be a pain in the ass for a lot of items, but I'd rather put the extra minutes in than have to order from someplace I don't know about (or worse yet, some place I've had problem with *cough*supergo*cough*)

Now I'm just crossing my fingers hoping my order is packaged and shipped promptly. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.