Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi All

A BIG Thank you to those that voted on the poll re the Best Online Store....230 people voted, for sure would have liked more, but my bad on running a poll that ventured into the USA July 4th Holiday. i think the number of votes gives us an accurate view of which Online Stores rate best..

The best online bike store is :drumroll: ............JensonUSA, A huge congratulations to Jenson USA, won by a 7% margin..:thumbsup: Well done, you have kept the award for the best Online Store for a second time running. The feedback towards Jenson was very good all round, a huge credit to your team.

JensonUSA - 2008 MTBR Peoples Choice Best Online Store

1st Place - 27% of votes Jenson USA
2nd Place - 20.5% of votes Price Point
3rd Place - 14.5% of votes Universal Cycles
4th Place - 9% of votes Competitive Cyclist
5th Place - 8% of votes Mountain Hugh Cyclery
6th Place - 6% of votes Chain Reaction Cycles
7th Place - 6% of votes Speedgoat Bicycles
8th Place - 4% of votes Red Barn Bicycles
9th Place - 1% of votes Bike 24
10th Place - 0.5% of votes (website down at present)

Have put together a small selection of posts from the many that were posted re this topic:

rattmobbins: Pricepoint is good, but Jenson has a WAY bigger selection, and I've actually experienced the "instantaneous shipping" with them more frequently than the 'Point. Just my $.02.

rockyuphill: Chain Reaction seems to have the very best Shimano prices on the planet, but I tend to buy from Universal for everything but Shimano.

buridan: Reason? I think other online retailers are beginning to follow Jenson's lead. They're finally realizing that Jenson-like customer service makes a big difference in reputation and customer loyalty. It's good to see Jenson set the standard for its competition.

I've noticed places like Price Point are matching the excellent customer service typically found only at Jenson. This is good news for us blokes. Nevertheless, Jenson has been consistent in this regard for many years and thus gets my vote.

I would love to see a customer service war between Jenson, Price Point, Universal Cycles, et al.

ryan 123: I buy from all over the planet and live in Australia.

For overall best prices on just about everything and the LBS service (even though they are on the other side of Earth!!) I cannot go past Red Barn. Chad and the crew are friendly, efficient and provide brilliant prices!!

TLL: I voted for Larry at Mtn. High. No online store, but def the guy to go to if you know what you want.

I've had good luck with Universal and Jenson as well, and no problems with PP.

Well thanks again, a far closer race this year. The feedback from MikeT re having a choice slot for "None of the above" has been taken on board and will implement that for next year.

Many of you missed out on nominating stores, I should leave the nominations thread open for far longer perhaps...

Will be interesting to see if we hear from any of the Online Stores....

Thanks again......:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Cris, it is good fun to do, it very much sits with me that Jenson sets the benchmark for others to follow, full credit to them......

Not many posts in reply to this though, come on peeps, put your thoughts down in a post...

·
Banned
218 Posts
Whafe said:
Not many posts in reply to this though, come on peeps, put your thoughts down in a post...

Wow, I love that picture. It brings back great memories.

It's funny that Francine still uses it while vainly attempting to prevent the photographer from posting on MTBR.

·
Maaaaan
4,259 Posts
BOOOOOO!
I want a recount!
I'll bet the voting software came out of Florida...:D

I have to try and remember, to nominate Adrenaline for next year, not that I don't love the top two.

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Urinal Mint - I am blonde, seriously am, and I am not following your drift of posts...

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Whafe said:
Urinal Mint - I am blonde, seriously am, and I am not following your drift of posts...
Something tells me that UM has been here before, under another ID . . .

But then, so have I, so I should just shut up now.

Nice poll and results Whafe, glad to see Larry made the top 5. And I did finally order something form Jenson; it was here in 2 days. :thumbsup:

·
Dr. Pepper drinker
1,640 Posts
urinal mint said:
Wow, I love that picture. It brings back great memories.

It's funny that Francine still uses it while vainly attempting to prevent the photographer from posting on MTBR.
Maybe he went there, waited for the clouds to move into the same positions, and took one for himself.....or maybe not.

I remember seeing a cool video shot in an area like that many moons ago, always wondered what happened to that dude, heard a rumor on here that he joined a traveling circus or something.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.