Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Jekyll 900sx and am quite pleased with it. It's a hand-me-down, but I'm convinced I'm better off repairing and upgrading rather than springing for a new bike.

Here's my question: Is Attitude Adjustable bull? or can I make my bike feel a little more like a downhill bike and less of a climber by dropping the suspension down a little?

gw

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
yes.

a few questions.

It is an SL model, so it has a headshock, instead of a Lefty, correct?

If so, it is going to have a steep head angle.

You can alter the BB height, and head angle, by moving the shock back and forth in the threaded collar it sits in. The closer to the fork, the lower the BB and slacker the head angle.

The easiest way to do this is to un-bolt the shock from the swingarn, then break loose the threaded lockring. Be sure to position the shock so that the lockout lever is up, and the air valve is angled slightly down, so you can get at it. the shock shaft spins if needed to align it all correctly.

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,476 Posts
damion said:
It is an SL model, so it has a headshock, instead of a Lefty, correct?

If so, it is going to have a steep head angle.
This bike was built around a 100mm Lefty, they had the same a to c as a Headshock, well, 478mm HS, 480mm DLR. Steeper HTA will not be a factor. Second generation, longer travel Jekylls, yes. Other than that very minor discrepancy, Damion's got you covered perfectly :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Thanks, Craig.

Always good to have someone looking over your shoulder when dealing with sleep deprivation. (sp?)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts