Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished my friend Jeff's Rompah. There have been a few changes. Hopefully heading to powder tomm.

bit him already, haha!

Best feature yet. Perfect for racing to the cooler!

Bigger pivot bearings with Alum bolts Vs. the steel hardwear on the last run.

New Woodie for the machine too. Ordered on Wed, Had it on Thursday, Craig @ Avy kicks ass!

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
what do you use for tubing? Straight Guage 4130?

That looks like it is ready for some serious abuse. Will it be a race bike or a Lynn Woods Freeride type machine when fully built up?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Nice job. I have a general question about the pivots: Are the ID of the pivots bored before you weld them to the frame and use a fixture to weld them on or do you weld them on and set them up to bore?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks guys

MMcG what do you use for tubing? Straight Guage 4130?

That looks like it is ready for some serious abuse. Will it be a race bike or a Lynn Woods Freeride type machine when fully built up?
Yup, it's all 4130. nothing fancy yet. He'll mostly freeride & DH it, he's not into racing too much. I'm sure it'll see a bit of Lynn & 'Nam :).
swift Nice shop.
I love the rear drops and the shock mount. You fab these? Nice work!
Thanks! Yup, I make all of the flat stuff myself. I had AH Machining here in town make the pivot bolts, bearing housing & the holes through the downtubes for me. The do really nice work, for a great price.

moto367 Nice job. I have a general question about the pivots: Are the ID of the pivots bored before you weld them to the frame and use a fixture to weld them on or do you weld them on and set them up to bore?
Thanks, I have them bore the pivots out first, then I fixture them to the upright section of the swingarm & weld that section up as a sub-assembly. the bearings go in 1 from each side,so I'm not sure if they could have machined it post-weld (a great idea I snagged from Foes. It makes for a bomb-proof assembly).

Clockwork Bikes Awesome frame and tidy welding. Can we get some pics of the dropouts?

Thanks, Joel
Thanks, I sure can!

shirk That looks great. Nice and simple.

Care to share all the geo numbers?
Sure,
8" Travel
Ht:65.5*
TT:21" center to center.
44" wheelbase.
ST:16" @ 69*

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Chainstay length?

What stroke shock to get those 8 inches?

Any idea where the bb height will run out to?
It has 16.5" Cs Center-Center. (without me on it).
I run 8.5"x2.5" shocks
I'm not sure what the exact BB height will be once built. he's got a new 888, & they just seem to keep making them taller.. I should be building it up over the next couple of days.
Thanks Frank! :)
I got Jeff's frame back & have it partially built up now. Just waiting on his chainguide now. Here's some pics of his powdercoated frame. It came out Killer! Jerry @ Extreme Powdercoating in Merrimack, NH (603)-429-9888 get's the official Flyin' Polack Thumbs up! My Pics don't do it justice..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Are they for sale?

Sean,

I see these bikes at Killington a couple of times a year. They are killer. Would you be willing to sell a frame and rear shock? How much would it cost?

Bob

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks guys!

Thank you Frank :D

slowboy said:
Sean,

I see these bikes at Killington a couple of times a year. They are killer. Would you be willing to sell a frame and rear shock? How much would it cost?

Bob
I Loove Killington, it's my favorite place on the planet. They have totally stepped it up in the last couple of years. (never been to whistler).
I mainly just make em for my friends so far, so I haven't even actually worked out a real price yet. Thanks for the interest though, I'll let you know if I do start selling them to the gen public.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.