Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know if the jeep cherokee Sahara MTB is any good, how much it weighs and if its not anygood what a decent FS MTbike is for $500-800. Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
How much is "ton"?

steve3 said:
No, weighs a ton, anything that's a hardtail in that price class from Specialized, Trek, Kona, and Giant.
do you have the exact weight in lbs? and have you owned this bike or how are you familiar with it?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I tore out an ad for one awhile back

JackyL said:
do you have the exact weight in lbs? and have you owned this bike or how are you familiar with it?
had it on my frig for folks to guffaw over while quaffing homebrew. sadly it's no longer there or I'd quote the ad for ya. Things I recall if the homebrew hasn't killed the brain cells in which the info was stored: 18-sp. drivetrain, kickstand, 165mm cranks, 43 pounds.

·
Shortcutting Hikabiker
3,219 Posts
Get a Jamis Dakar, $679. That's the cheapest decent FS you can get. Doesn't have disks though but does come with disk hubs for easy upgrade.

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
jeep

JackyL said:
I would like to know if the jeep cherokee Sahara MTB is any good, how much it weighs and if its not anygood what a decent FS MTbike is for $500-800. Thanks
That brings back memories. My first geared/MTB was a 24" wheeled Jeep. I loved it.

For that price though, i do not reccomend it. Try to stick with "name brand" bikes if you know what i mean. Giant, Specialized, Trek, Kona, Cannondale...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts