Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
always licking the glass
4,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While the Balance was fun at the bike parks, this is more fun I've had on a dh bike in a long time.

Did four laps consisting of blacks and blues at Trestle today. Really loved riding a DH bike again, and the last one turned me away from DH bikes. But this little 2015 27.5 wheeled little dragon just loves to fly. It also saved me a few times from some dumb mistakes on Rainmaker (black jump trail), so this little buddy and I are getting along well :)

The suspension is going to take some tweaking. The rear shock felt a bit fast, and the fork will get custom tuned after the end of the season (not a fan of the Boxxer damper. I have an Ohlins I'm getting tuned for the rear to replace the CCDB.

I thought i was gonna need to change the cranks but they're 160s and not 165s so I'm happy. I'm going to also see if i can get some vibrocore bars for the shoulders. :)

For those on Jedis, what did you find to get your rear suspension dialed? I can only do so much with the Boxxer damper for now, but the CCDB is ridiculous to adjust.

·
always licking the glass
4,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Took it out for a second time yesterday. Got lots of runs and not beat up at all. What washboard? :)

For the suspension, I took tokens out of the fork. Now it feels much better. I do need to add some more psi to the fork, but definitely much more predictable and less abusive.

I can't quite get the CCDB to feel quite right. Hopefully I can get my Ohlins back to ride it in a couple of weeks, because it's less to think about when it's tuned for you. I think what I need to do:
  • Open up the HSC a bit. It feels a bit harsh on landings.
  • Close the HSR a bit. It feels like I'm going to get launched a few times and I'd prefer to have that a bit more in control.
  • Both low speed circuits feel good.

Also, it feels like the lube on the chain wears off after a few runs. Anything you suggest? I think the rock n roll gold just doesn't last here.

·
Registered
433 Posts
If i remmember my settings right

My ccdb setting for my 185lbs are

450 lb coil
hsc - 1 full turn from wide open
lsc - 8 clicks in from wide open
hsr - 1.5 turn from wide open
Lsr - 12 clicks in from wide open

Reactions: stripes

·
always licking the glass
4,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If i remmember my settings right

My ccdb setting for my 185lbs are

450 lb coil
hsc - 1 full turn from wide open
lsc - 8 clicks in from wide open
hsr - 1.5 turn from wide open
Lsr - 12 clicks in from wide open
I’ve got a custom tuned Ohlins now for the back.

I had to slow down the HSR or it felt like I was gonna get launched. But man, that bike lets me do stupid stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.