Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this bike at a thrift store today, and I've been able to find absolutely nothing about it. It appears to be a Jazz by Trek (although the trek name doesn't appear anywhere on it). However, I can't find any evidence of a Jazz Radical having ever existed. It's in excellent shape, and curiously it had a Nishiki owners manual tied to it. I'm just hoping someone has more info on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
765 Posts
So, Jazz was a low end bike line by Trek in the late 90's. I believe it was an effort to compete with the box store garbage bikes. Short lived if I recall correctly. Basically, Jazz bikes are a half step above Walmart quality. Personaly, I wouldn't spend the cost of a new chain on that bike.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, Jazz was a low end bike line by Trek in the late 90's. I believe it was an effort to compete with the box store garbage bikes. Short lived if I recall correctly. Basically, Jazz bikes are a half step above Walmart quality. Personaly, I wouldn't spend the cost of a new chain on that bike.
Luckily, it was dirt cheap and only needs inner tubes. I'm not sure it's ever been ridden. I'm just a sucker for things that look like they were pulled off the Full House set.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Indeed, the Yugo of the bike biz back in the 90s. Wasn't there about three models made,iirc? I built many since the LBS was a Trek dealer but that is now almost thirty years ago.

Totally worth a chain imho, it was a step above dept store bikes but when one is accustomed to finer quality rides then well trying to get a positive note out of a 200 dollar bike isn't going to be easy. They didn't ride great, but sooo much better than the other low end stuff at the time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.