Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
Fyck you on the realz. I can see myself sporting a Sunday next year...or maybe a 303 or maybe a Demo 8

Congrats!

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
The Kadvang said:
Siiiiiick... not as nice as mine is gona be though :D

Run into any issues with the 85 BB? I got one too.
You got yellow though....ewww. Jazz blue is more my steez and will match my WRX.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Kadvang said:
Siiiiiick... not as nice as mine is gona be though :D

Run into any issues with the 85 BB? I got one too.
We'll see. :p

No problems with the 85mm FSA. I used a spacer on the drive side, 2.5mm I think. I had just enough clearence for the granny ring tabs on the Holzfellers. Looking at how my cranks are set up, it seems like it would be trickier to get everything to clear if I used the Truvativ 83x128mm. Some grindage of the granny tabs would probably be needed.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
love the color very much. My friend broke his carbonbars and he hasn't rode in 8 months....I would get some Azonic Double Wall bars or something else. Never trust carbon for DH or FR

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
love the color very much. My friend broke his carbonbars and he hasn't rode in 8 months....I would get some Azonic Double Wall bars or something else. Never trust carbon for DH or FR
His are not carbons though, EA70. Easton Allum.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Salami said:
We'll see. :p

No problems with the 85mm FSA. I used a spacer on the drive side, 2.5mm I think. I had just enough clearence for the granny ring tabs on the Holzfellers. Looking at how my cranks are set up, it seems like it would be trickier to get everything to clear if I used the Truvativ 83x128mm. Some grindage of the granny tabs would probably be needed.
Awesome... i got v drives so all should be good... our builds are pretty similar

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Kadvang said:
Awesome... i got v drives so all should be good... our builds are pretty similar
Do they have granny ring tabs? If so get yourself a few assorted size spacers to put between the BB and the shell. Otherwise have some kind of grinding device handy to shorten the tabs.

Here is the build list for those interested:

05 Boxxer Race with Team/WC compression assembly and one silver Ti spring
RCS Ti spring for the 5th (not in pictures)
E-13 reducer cups and FSA carbon headset
Thomson post and 70mmm stem
Easton low-rise EA-70
Intense lock ons
XT shifter
Hope M4's w/ 205mm rotors FR & RR
Selle Italia Flite Ti
Hugi FR hubs FR & RR laced with DT Comps to Mavic EX 823's
E-13 SRS guide
Truvativ Holzfellers polished
FSA BB
Easton Cully's
XTR rear der.
XT 11-32T for trail use/ Ultegra 12-27 for DH
Nokian NBX 2.3 UST for trail riding
Michelin Comp 32 2.8", Comp 24.1 2.5", Comp 16 2.5" for DH use.

·
Innovate or die!
702 Posts
Yeah Michelins!!! Few questions tho--
Is that 2.5 comp 24.1 as wide or wider than the 2.5 comp 16?
(I am trying to decide if I should get a 2.5 or 2.2 for the back wheel in whistler this summer, and as new DH tire in general.)
How do YOU put tubless tires on (i.e. air compressor) and have you ever used a gas station air compressor?

I really like that bike, looks super sick, and I don't say that about many bikes ;) . Heard lots about how the suspension performs. BTW how much does it wiegh, I didn't catch that. So many questions.....

·
Registered
65 Posts
j6105 said:
(I am trying to decide if I should get a 2.5 or 2.2 for the back wheel in whistler this summer, and as new DH tire in general.)
How do YOU put tubless tires on (i.e. air compressor) and have you ever used a gas station air compressor?

I really like that bike, looks super sick, and I don't say that about many bikes ;) . Heard lots about how the suspension performs. BTW how much does it wiegh, I didn't catch that. So many questions.....
i dunno if you're talking about stan's setup.. but i didnt need an air compressor.. standing pump is fine...just watch the video on www.notubes.com

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
j6105 said:

Fist off, thanks.

The 2.5" Michelins measure out pretty much the same from what I remember. I use a air compressor to air up the tires as I am too lazy to use a floor pump (plus the one I have sucks).

Complete bike as pictured weighs 39.90 lbs.

I have a Ti spring on it now and Comp 16 2.5 rr, Comp 32 2.8 fr. It is weighing in at 40.65lbs. :eek:

·
Innovate or die!
702 Posts
wow

wow--- any bike with burly DH rubber that weighs around 40 pounds.......wow. That is probably lighter than my demo 8 pro with nutz upgrades. I need to find a cerified scale when i put DH tires on this summer.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.