Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
What a cool site.

Too bad Race Face won't sell the Atlas cranks with the 83 spindle. We can't find a light crankset for this bike.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Too bad Race Face won't sell the Atlas cranks with the 83 spindle. We can't find a light crankset for this bike.
No kidding!! How the hell do they fit that Atlas on it! Now I won't be able to sleep ;)

LOL.. I cannot even read: they say : "To make the bike lighter Graves said Race Face modified this Atlas crank with a wider spindle to fit where the heavier Diablos crank normally would. Graves runs a single 38-tooth chainring and e.thirteen's Single Ring Security chain guide.
"

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Explanation...

Do they need someone to explain the top tube cut-out? To me, its one of the coolest features on the bike, and its left out.

Dudes, ASK someone then............its so they can reach the allen key that literally allows a frame geometry adjustment. I want one of these bikes so damned bad, please get this thing perfect Yeti by next April.

·
Eyes of the world
893 Posts
I thought I remember reading somewhere that the DH9 had an eccentric adjuster to do that too?

·
On your left.
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I have no interest in this bike other than the suspension technology, but WOW it is clearly the most innovative suspension design ever. I'm still just stunned they came up with the idea of putting the pivots on linear guides instead of fixed in the frame. Brilliant. I'd love to see the wheel path! It amazes me how little press they have received. Also, there is so much left they can do with the idea. Aside from tweaking, etc. they can also dampen the motion of the guides themselves, use curved rails, etc.

esquire said:
Do they need someone to explain the top tube cut-out? To me, its one of the coolest features on the bike, and its left out.

Dudes, ASK someone then............its so they can reach the allen key that literally allows a frame geometry adjustment. I want one of these bikes so damned bad, please get this thing perfect Yeti by next April.

·
Registered
350 Posts
i read an interview in a magazine (mbr maybe?) with the guy who designed it. he said that the technology will go all the way down to their xc bikes. the reason they didn't start off on lighter bikes is that it is too heavy. they will need to refine it more to get the weight down. he also explained how it had three different wiper systems.

·
On your left.
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I remember that

http://www.mbaction.com/detail.asp?id=1153

I like what he says about the ASR - gave me a warm fuzzy.

in the flesh? said:
i read an interview in a magazine (mbr maybe?) with the guy who designed it. he said that the technology will go all the way down to their xc bikes. the reason they didn't start off on lighter bikes is that it is too heavy. they will need to refine it more to get the weight down. he also explained how it had three different wiper systems.

·
Eyes of the world
893 Posts
Motivated said:
I have no interest in this bike other than the suspension technology, but WOW it is clearly the most innovative suspension design ever. I'm still just stunned they came up with the idea of putting the pivots on linear guides instead of fixed in the frame. Brilliant. I'd love to see the wheel path! It amazes me how little press they have received. Also, there is so much left they can do with the idea. Aside from tweaking, etc. they can also dampen the motion of the guides themselves, use curved rails, etc.
They originally had a curved rail system but dumped it for some reason. I'm guessing strength issues.

·
www.yetifan.com
722 Posts
your right, the Article was in UK Magazine MBR, it was with Steve Hoogendoorn at Yeti.

I hear the bike is developing all the time, and getting lighter all the while.

There is a cool video on pinkbike showing the multiple seals on there.

Its a cool and very innovative bike, and I hope they make an AS-X rail.

Andrew

·
Bike Hoor
675 Posts
At the Mt St Anne World Cup races, you could just see how the suspension stuck to the ground as it rolled past. It just looked different than all the other bikes on the hill. In person, that bike looks even better and more badass than the pictures could EVER show.

When that technology moves down the line, you will see plenty of press about it. I don't think Yeti is ready to let a magazine have one yet until the thing is perfect. Next summer, I bet we will see more of them out there.

Has anyone seen any videos of Klassen on one yet? I would love to see some footage of that. Come to think of it, I have yet to see him on any Yeti in any freeride vids yet. I hope we can expect to see some over the winter months.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts