Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Trail Use Change Meeting - Briones Regional Park - January 6, 7:00 pm
EBRPD staff is now evaluating a proposal to allow bicycles on a narrow trail (that is currently only open to hikers and horses) located adjacent to the Alhambra Creek Staging Area entry road in Briones Regional Park. Staff seeks your feedback on this proposal and will accept written comments through January 9, 2009. Staff will hold a public meeting to present and discuss this proposal on the evening of January 6, 2009, 7:00 pm and invites you to attend. Please see the announcement for details - http://www.btceb.org/pdf/Public_Comment_Meeting_Notice.pdf. Background documents are posted on the Park District's web site, as described in the attachment.

Please write to: Raphael Breines, Senior Park Planner, East Bay Regional Park District, 2950 Peralta Oaks Court, Oakland, CA 94605

Then after the EBRPD meeting travel just a couple miles down to the Englander, 101 Parrott St., San Leandro, CA 94577 where we'll be wrapping up the January 6th monthly BTCEB meeting and getting ready to hit the bar at 9:00 pm. (Or write Raphael and come for the entire BTCEB meeting 7-9pm.)

·
Registered
463 Posts
Both meetings are less than three miles apart - so folks can attend the EBRPD meeting and then easily make it over to the Englander for the end of the BTCEB meeting and mmmmm...BEER.

Map

Might as well get a jump start on your New Years resolutions. Pretty sure you had these on your list - #1 Ride Bike, #2 Drink Beer, #3 Volunteer 20 hours for local bike access. No better way to kill three birds with one stone! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
463 Posts
Berkeley Mike said:
to come to a meeting, eat our pizza, and drink our beer.:thumbsup:
Normally folks would be eating our pizza, BUT we're at the Englander this month (so that folks could also attend the EBRPD and we wanted to be close by). So no pizza tomorrow (we'll be chipping in for our own tasty grub).

And least our members think we're spending their hard earned contributions on beer - BTCEB does not pay for (or drink) beer during our monthly meetings. But as soon as the meeting adjourns at 9:00, it's beer thirsty time and I'll personally buy a beer for anyone coming from the EBRPD meeting or new member who attends the BTCEB meeting!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Berkeley Mike said:
We have been paying for our beer and it is your turn to buy if I am not mistaken. Dan'ger will back me on this.:D
Well, it may be true that I did have one of Dan's every so yummy Coffee Stouts, but the last time we got together I bought dinner for everyone AND had a freg full of beer. So I'm just sticking to my beer offer for anyone coming from the EBRPD meeting or new members who attends the BTCEB meeting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.