Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after travelling for most of the past 6 weeks i was a lot more tired than i thought i was going to be when i got back from the east coast late friday, killing my plans for skiing, hiking and biking this weekend. i did the hiking part (ok, it was a very short hike), my son was too tired to go to sugarbowl (good call on his part), but i finally got on my bike today. i parked at the old briones road staging area, rode up and played on the ridges for a couple of hours. i was worried that the lower elevations would be muddy, but given how dry it was up top i was probably mistaken. since i was by myself and not riding very difficult terrain i decided to bring my dslr along with me. it was beautiful up there, just a puff of a breeze and chilly but nice in the sun. i had a blast, didn't see any other mtn bikers, just hikers, runners and some cows. i've attached a few pix of the scenery, it's really purdy this time of year!!

Attachments

·
enter and win
727 Posts
me too..

RatherBeRiding said:
Awesome pics. I was there this weekend too and it was nice.
I was there Saturday and it was rippin. The dirt's perfect, the air clear, the cattle few, the views amazing, as per above. Wow, think I'll go again today!:thumbsup:

·
So it goes.....
167 Posts
Thanks for the pics! Brightened up my day sitting here at work, at the computer, looking at the clear blue sky and wishing I was ridin' my bike. I have been busy this past week or so and didn't get out this weekend on my moutain bike (just froze my a## off on the road bike sunday morning). I think I may just go for a spin at Briones this weekend since no snow is coming our way. Always love seeing pics of my backyard park :thumbsup:.

OD

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
impy, the ridges were totally dry, even a few spots of very minor dust poking up. i'm not sure lower down as i drove up briones road to the staging area and didn't try the climb from the bottom....i wouldn't even hazard a guess as there are always spots that amaze me how long they stay muddy, but i didn't go there. it's supposed to be fantastic weather the next few days so come on up!!

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i used the big boy....

Wherewolf said:
Those look a lot better than your old P&S :thumbsup:
New camera?
d200 with 18-200vr....very little post, just touched up saturation/contrast is about all. didn't even spend the time to crop them, and no usm. no new p&s for a while...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.