Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 40 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Hey @Jamisbikes,

I have been trying to reach out to you guys via email and pm here. I am the CLIMB FTF Coordinator for Concerned Long Island Mountain Bicyclists, and would like to invite you to our event this year. Please contact me if you are interested in attending.

Happy trails,

Mike W.

CLIMB FTF Coordinator

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've called around to my local dealers, and none can get a Dragonslayer. Are they all gone for 2016?
Dropped mine off Friday (for the break-in tuneup). They had one on the floor (17")... will be picking it up today and will ask if they can still get orders in for the '16 or '17.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Dropped mine off Friday (for the break-in tuneup). They had one on the floor (17")... will be picking it up today and will ask if they can still get orders in for the '16 or '17.
Where are you? I'm in Maine. I'd need a large (19")

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi cjbiker,

If you PM us your location and contact info I can forward to our sales team to see if anyone has one in your area in stock. Those bikes were wildly popular this years so we had issues keeping up with the demand - we only have 15" models still in stock.

-Jamis Bikes

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Low probability of success on this, but . . .

Anyone know where I can get a used (or new/discounted?) Dragonslayer 2016 in 21" / XL??

·
Registered
501 Posts
Resurrecting this thread a bit... I am starting to think about a B+/29er capable bike, and the dragonslayer is on the list. Anyone know if they maintained 100mm clearance in the rear for the 2017 model? I have some issues riding a fatbike with 100mm bottom bracket all day, so I would love the ability to have a 73mm bb bike for exploring that could handle skinny fat tires. If so, is that clearance for a 27.5 wheel, or 26"? Only other (non-custom or $$$) bike that can do this (to my knowledge) is the RSD Sargent, but I would prefer steel and a bigger front triangle for a frame bag.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dragonslayer 27.5+ Component Questions

I just purchased a 2017 dragonslayer sport 27.5+ size small and had some questions about the components.

1. What is the width of the handlebars? What dimensions should I be looking for when upgrading so that it will be compatible with the stem?

2. If I am upgrading the seat post to a dropper post, what dimensions should I be looking for when upgrading so that it will be compatible with the seat tube? What length of dropper will work with this frame size?

3. What type of stem would be compatible with the head tube on this frame size?

Thanks!!

·
Co Springs
2,397 Posts
I just purchased a 2017 dragonslayer sport 27.5+ size small and had some questions about the components.

1. What is the width of the handlebars? What dimensions should I be looking for when upgrading so that it will be compatible with the stem?

2. If I am upgrading the seat post to a dropper post, what dimensions should I be looking for when upgrading so that it will be compatible with the seat tube? What length of dropper will work with this frame size?

Thanks!!
Your are looking at the Sport and don't have the specs ? Here is the link with all info and specs;

Jamis Dragon Series - Steel Hardtail Trail Bikes

Handle bar type or width / stem size and all related fit is specific to rider dimensions, riding position, comfort etc.... Can be changed out from what comes on the bike.

I don't have the link handy but there is some info out there for configuration of seat tube and other specs that help you find the correct dropper. You can search it that way to find it or someone else might post that info or link.

·
Registered
731 Posts

Thanks!!
If you go with wider bars, you might want to use a shorter stem to dial in the handling.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Any more longer time reviews on this bike? I’m between this bike, pine mountain 1, and the new trek roscoe. Looking for reviews on the dragonslayer, maybe if you test rode other bikes and why you went with dragonslayer. Why steel instead of aluminum.

·
Co Springs
2,397 Posts
Any more longer time reviews on this bike? I’m between this bike, pine mountain 1, and the new trek roscoe. Looking for reviews on the dragonslayer, maybe if you test rode other bikes and why you went with dragonslayer. Why steel instead of aluminum.
I was real close to going Jamis but the PMO was local and I didn't want my 'lbs' to be an hour away. I read enough about the steel trail or bike packer rigs to feel confident with a minimal weight dif. Have the satin red Marin since mid March and very happy with a capable bike for Colorado terrain.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Any 2016 Dragonslayer owners that can offer insight re: 29er tire clearance?

I assume it shouldn't be an issue w/ typical 2.3 or 2.4 tires, but Jamis never really played that up in their marketing. So (a) want to confirm standard 29 tires are no issue, and (b) hear if even larger 29 tires might fit (2.6-2.8 range).

Thanks.

21 - 40 of 81 Posts