Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No threads on this bike!

Anybody have an ETA? What about price? My LBS says their Jamis rep went MIA recently.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome! Will there be a rigid option? If not, suggested fork?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Tyriverag- No rigid fork option, we are shipping in only one configuration for 2016. Do not have a recommended rigid fork yet, not much availability on 110mm spacing rigid forks designed for the wheel size and we haven't tried any of the 29'er forks to see about clearance.

==================================================

06HokieMTB- No frame set only option this year.

-JAMIS BIKES

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are there any upcoming opportunities for a test ride of the DragonSlayer? I missed the event in Westchester NY this past summer.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi exlege,

Our DragonSlayer demo models are currently on their way to CA, they need to be at Interbike Dirt Demo in September. We will have some in our Demo trailer out west after that, and we should have some in our NJ office that we will demo out as well.

-JAMIS BIKES

·
Registered
87 Posts
Exlege,

We are currently ironing out all of the details on the NJ Demo program, PM us your contact info and when we have everything ready (and the bike here!) we will reach out. Worst case scenario we will have you set up through a retailer for a test ride.

-JAMIS BIKES

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yo @jamisbikes, any WI demos planned?

Convince my local bike shop to let me have a medium for $1700 and I'll keep pimping Jamis bikes and the Dragonslayer to everybody. Got a couple dudes really stoked on it.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Finally updated the website!

The Roughneck looks pretty sweet, as do the Renegades.

If anybody cares, I was considering the Dragonslayer, but the Surly Karate Monkey SS was priced to move, so I bought that. Love it. That, and both the Dragonslayer and Renegades had unknown ETAs. If my 09 Fuji Cross Comp ever dies, one of those Renegades would probably be a no brainer. One of my buddies is ready to buy one, stoked to see it in person.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Jamis Dragonslayer wheelset questions

@JamisBikes

I have my dragon slayer and love it besides the 30 lb weight. I want to try some 2.2 tires on Stan's Arch EX wheel set as an alternative set-up for the bike. Can you let me know what you think this would do to the geometry and if it would make for a terribly low bottom bracket.

Also, any idea what the weight is on the WTB wheelset that is on the bike. Ideas for a lighter weight 27.5+ wheelset?

Thanks!

·
WNC Native
3,885 Posts
Any idea when these will be actually available?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi Nitrousjunky,

DragonSlayer's have arrived and sold through at a tremendous pace, the next shipment is scheduled to deliver next week. If you PM us your location we may be able to set you up with a retailer who has or will be getting one.

-JAMIS BIKES

·
Registered
39 Posts
A bit late to the thread, had some questions about the Dragon Slayer.

1. The dropouts look exact/very similar to the Sliding Dropouts from Paragon Machine Works. Are these compatible to fit on the Dragon Slayer frame (same mounting dimensions)? Or does Jamis produce a proprietary adjustable dropouts (that just happen to look exact like PMW)? Does the frame come with removable dropout inserts for running no hanger SS/QR 135 mm/TA 142 mm, or is the only dropout option for Boost 148 mm spacing?
  2. What is the exact weight for the frameset only (Size 17 in)? Will Jamis be offering a frameset-only option in 2017 or near future?
  3. What is the recommended A-C length for running a rigid fork? Looking at the geometry and stock 120mm travel fork, looks like a rigid fork with A-C length of 483-490 mm is optimal.

Thanks for your response.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts