Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
DownhillBAWS
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been looking around for some bikes. ii think i have found something good. its a 2007 jamis diablo.. i was just woundering if anyone had some input on this bike. what should i look out for ect...

·
check your six
4,181 Posts
I have/had a 2006 Diablo. I rocked it for many seasons. It is a great bike, solid & stable platform. I had no issues with it while it was functional. However, I ended up breaking one of the shock mount bolts and bending the other. I called Jamis at the beginning of the year to inquire about replacement hardware. Long story short, they told me to go kick rocks. They had no spare parts and offered no other solution other than.. tough luck. So now, I have the frame hanging on the wall with no way of getting it running.

So, If the price is good I'd go for it. But be hesitant with any replacement parts what so ever.. Jamis has no intention of assisting or offering any advice. On the other hand, if you get it an need any replacement part other than the shock bolts, I got you covered!

~Sodak

·
slap happy
417 Posts
i'd just like to add that, for Jamis, when dealing with a frame/component that is still in production, they do take care of any warranty problems nicely.

·
check your six
4,181 Posts
I did not intend to sound like I was hating on Jamis as a company in my post. I was only referring to the Diablo frame. Jamis did try to look for the shock mounting bolts in their inventory over a two day period. They kept me informed and even gave me the specifications of the hardware. They were trying and had good customer service. That was not the issue. I should have clarified that...

I was trying to imply to the fact that they have no replacement parts what so ever for the Diablo. So to the OP, if you get it make sure its a good price. And don't try to break it because replacement bits are tough to come by.

·
DownhillBAWS
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have/had a 2006 Diablo. I rocked it for many seasons. It is a great bike, solid & stable platform. I had no issues with it while it was functional. However, I ended up breaking one of the shock mount bolts and bending the other. I called Jamis at the beginning of the year to inquire about replacement hardware. Long story short, they told me to go kick rocks. They had no spare parts and offered no other solution other than.. tough luck. So now, I have the frame hanging on the wall with no way of getting it running.

So, If the price is good I'd go for it. But be hesitant with any replacement parts what so ever.. Jamis has no intention of assisting or offering any advice. On the other hand, if you get it an need any replacement part other than the shock bolts, I got you covered!
~Sodak
haha ill keep that in mind if i break anything :thumbsup: and yeah its a good price $550 for the bike and $600 for the bike spare rims and gear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.