Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a new FS all mountain bike. Whats are your thought on these two models. Jamis Dakar XLT or Cannondal Rush 400. Have about $1300..... I am 46 and 225# and ride rocky stuff. Thanks for the input!

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
jfatkd said:
Looking for a new FS all mountain bike. Whats are your thought on these two models. Jamis Dakar XLT or Cannondal Rush 400. Have about $1300..... I am 46 and 225# and ride rocky stuff. Thanks for the input!
On your list i would go with the Jamis XLT, tryed & true design with decent components. :)

Check out the Ibex Atlas as another option. Full 5in travel air fork & shock so you can adjust to your style of riding. :cornut:

https://www.ibexbikes.com/Bikes/ATLAS-EXP-Details.html

:D

·
mtbr Decade+
1,545 Posts
Diddo what he said.

I'm 5'11" 225 and am looking at an XLT 1.0 now myself. They are beefy bikes that are excellent for us big boned brothers...

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
The Jamis Dakar XLT is a great design. I'm thinking of it for my next bike. The Ibex Atlas also looks like a great bike and its very close to your price range. Just test ride a bunch and see what you feel more comfortable on.:thumbsup:

·
sonoranbiker
503 Posts
good deal on the Jamis

Check out www.bicycleblowout.com.... They have the '05 Dakar XLT 1.0 for $1100 (I think); it's the best price I've found so far, and a good component package. I was on the verge of buying one, then I did my taxes and realized I could buy from my LBS instead (07 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp.... sweet!). Bicycle blowout has free shipping, and when I emailed them the other day they confirmed they have some 19" frames left.

By the way- all of you Ibex/No Ibex/Whatever guys sound like a bunch of first graders on the playground when you argue all over the forums. You all kind of turned me off to all of the companies you argue about. Just wanted to let you know...

Happy Riding- Evan

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
That's a great price

sonoranbiker said:
Check out www.bicycleblowout.com.... They have the '05 Dakar XLT 1.0 for $1100 (I think); it's the best price I've found so far, and a good component package.
Happy Riding- Evan
It's still up on their web site and is available in three sizes. Very nice mike for the money, and a very good choice of fork. If this is the bike the OP wants, I don't think there's much more to do but pull the trigger. I doubt you'll find it cheaper.

Bob

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well...just got home from the LBS with a new Cannondale Rush 400. They had a 2006 leftover in my size and it just felt right. Either bike I know would have been great. It's sure the best I have ever had.... So into the woods to mess it up some.....Thanks for the respnses. But you are right. go and try them.

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Good for you!

That's a very nice bike you bought. Smart buyer in that you saw a good deal and grabbed it because it felt right. Couldn't ask for much more, could you? :thumbsup:

Be sure to give a ride report and post some pics.

Bob

·
Registered
454 Posts
sonoranbiker said:
Check out www.bicycleblowout.com.... They have the '05 Dakar XLT 1.0 for $1100 (I think); it's the best price I've found so far, and a good component package. I was on the verge of buying one, then I did my taxes and realized I could buy from my LBS instead (07 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp.... sweet!). Bicycle blowout has free shipping, and when I emailed them the other day they confirmed they have some 19" frames left.

By the way- all of you Ibex/No Ibex/Whatever guys sound like a bunch of first graders on the playground when you argue all over the forums. You all kind of turned me off to all of the companies you argue about. Just wanted to let you know...

Happy Riding- Evan
Oh NICE! :lol: I've been sick of it! Every post here starts like "brand X vs. brand Y". The poster has two bikes they are weighing out and nobody pays attention to that but instead throws their favorite into the ring. Lately it's been the IBEX brand that fit's everyones needs (even when it doesn't at times) I like to think I'm objective and if I don't know anything about the brand they are looking at I remain silent. Not ALL roads lead to IBEX guys. I think to maintain the integrity of this forum certain folks need to back off on the IBEX push. It really starts to look like IBEX (and trust I'm NOT suggesting they are) are trolling and using this forum to push the brand! In the end you may NOT have helped the OP at all and isn't what we are here for?? It's Not about pushing your brand. :nono:

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
LeopardDog said:
Oh NICE! :lol: I've been sick of it! It's Not about pushing your brand. :nono:
Sometimes you need to weed out the question by finding out a bit more about the OP. Few questions about where riding, what type, add another option then wait for the response again. You know how this all works. It's hard for me to suggest a Versus Blitz II when the frame alone cost almost 2 times what these guys want to spend on a compleat bike. There are sooo many sweet bikes out there that whatever they end up with is the best bike. :D:thumbsup:

·
Registered
766 Posts
I <3'ed my old Dakar when I had it.

Thing was named "The Tank" for a reason. It took punishment well, least from me. Granted I'm 5'9 155, but I've bent/broke my fair share of stuff, but the jamis was not one of those things,

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.