Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

161 - 169 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Really appreciate the detailed response. Very helpful. Thank you. If i am there on Tues or Wed, i'll see if i can follow along with your group.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Trailfest

Trailfest is coming up 9/25-27. No shuttles this year. All activities will be in the upper parking lot.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've been trying to find the proposed trails map from the NEPA study , I am wondering how much more was in that approval that isn't built yet. Looks like about 10 more miles of trail as the NEPA study said 46 total miles. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Originally there was to be a green trail built from Kinzua Point past Dew Drop and Elijah to Kiasutha on the Kinzua Creek side of Longhouse Drive. Last I heard it was to be rolled into an upgrade of Longhouse Drive

·
Registered
134 Posts
I found an old map with a green trail that connects from bent run all the way around the point, past ursus, past elijah too, and over to Kiasutha. It also connected with ohio way to make a green climbing trail. Is that the remaining miles left? I think that would really tie the system together with a way to navigate around after descending one of the various trails.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I don’t think the section from devil’s elbow to bent run will be built but the rest is still in the works. The trail from Kinzua point to Kiasutha will require a lot of bridges which must be designed and stamped by an engineer due to their height. It will be an expensive trail

·
Registered
134 Posts
So here is my real question, if the total miles of built trail is less than what was in the NEPA approval, does that make "space" for those remaining miles to be allocated to a different/new trail segment? There is so much land up there and not so many trails :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
No, specific areas where the trails were to be built is all that is covered by the nepa study. There are some existing old fire/logging roads and rarely used hiking trails that we are looking to do something with. Particularly we would like to make some skills areas around the picnic area adjacent to the parking lot since it is seldom used and somewhat rundown. There are also some old school trails on the other side of the creek that can be accessed from the Morrison parking lot that have had some work and reroutes done recently. They are a bit more challenging.

161 - 169 of 169 Posts