Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Living Ghetto Fabulous!
3,749 Posts
antiherohio said:
Is the course open to ride anytime? I'd like to come over and check it out.
Where are you coming from?

Currently, both courses are available to ride. There's some clearing and dirt work to be done still, but that's it. The entrance to the Cat. 1 DH is hidden pretty well, so you might want to get in touch with the promoter for practice...

FYI, there are scheduled work days every other Sunday leading up to the event. I'll post the schedule when I'm near a real computer...

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am over in Klamath Falls. Our trails are to muddy to ride, so I've been coming over and riding Applegate area but looking for something more technical and challenging. Let me know about the work schedule and I'll make it over for that...

Might head over today...

·
Living Ghetto Fabulous!
3,749 Posts
Hack said:
So will the DH be one course for everyone? Hope so.
I'm not the promoter... Saying that, I wouldn't send beginners down the planned DH course. I know plenty of Cat 3 people who could do it, but they've just never entered a race before. The graph I have says you lose around 600 feet of elevation before you get to the half way point. :eek:

I'm pretty sure the beginners will have a different drop-in point. Just keep watching my posts on FB. ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Jacksonville Bike Fest

The course is open to all, I would recommend you keep to the lower sections & Super D course as the Upper Downhill section has not been finished yet. All the course profiles are available on www.echelonevents.webs.com on the side bar or under the Calender section. You can also contact me directly off the web site & I can answer any additional questions you might have.

Thanks,
Joe Davis
Echelon Events LLC.

·
Www.rvmba.org
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks to all the peeps that have been coming out to help with the trail work. The DH course is coming along but not quite done yet. We have some berms to build and trail armoring to do.
It is a bit hard to find. Once you get to the upper flat follow the orange maxxis ribbon to the the trail head. Look for a small pine that that has multi colored ribbon hanging from it. That is the start of the dh course.

We are continuing with our work days untill complete. See the dates on our blog below.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.