Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On July 22...anyone going? I'm suprised to not see a thread on this already. I've never ridden or heard anything about the trails. How are they? Anything to expected as far as flow, technical sections, and climbing? What tire combos and bikes are you planning on riding? I plan on camping out the night before and then racing 6 hour solo. Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey, I rode at Dauset last week, getting ready for a 12hr solo ss ride. It's a great place, no major climbs, long sections of smooth singletrack and some forest road riding. I didn't know the route of the race course, so I followed their advanced route, 3 laps at 17 miles per lap for about 5 hours of riding. I was on a fully rigid SS, so some sections were quite rough, rocks and roots mostly. I would say as a whole however that it was fairly smooth trail, hard packed with some sandy sections as well as some rocky sections. It should be a great race.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree. I'm real pumped. I'll be riding my '06 Kona Kula Primo hardtail. Your bike choice is very respectable...good luck! The goneriding.com description notes a section called Huff n Puff....what should I be prepared for here?

·
Registered
937 Posts
I will be there..6 hour solo, training for 24 hours of 9 mile the following weekend. Huff & Puff should be in the race..it's really fun, lots of short step ups and drops, a few rocky sections (up and down), twisty, and a couple tuff climbs, but they are short. It's a great trail, the best part is that there are tons of options for riding. See you there.

·
Go make a difference
1,249 Posts
I wasn't planning to do this race since ORAMM is that same weekend, but since I'm way behind in miles and climbing workouts, I'm thinking ORAMM would be a bad choice! I'm not in for THAT suffer fest this time....

Reasons to race Dauset:
1. Close to ATL (home)
2. No 16k feet of climbing (whew!)
3. More social event than riding to the BRP by myself
4. Friends can come watch (read: make PB&J, hand up bottles, etc)
5. Fast, fun trail

Nam, only 6 hours? C'mon.... hey, how's the wrist? You better let that heal otherwise the wedding pics will have a wrist brace -- not good!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.