Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not seen too many threads on the new Jackal in the forums! Now that winter is setting in and thoughts turn to Ray's, anyone riding the new Jackal at Ray's?

Thinking about building a single speed hardtail for Ray's, some urban fun, and maybe some dirt jump. Wondering if the Jackal is the right bike, would the Chameleon be a more versatile contender for that mix, or should be looking outside the SC family?

·
my fun has a hurting
658 Posts
either one will do nicely at ray's i take my chameleon whenever i go, but i also borrow my buddy's custom park/dj bike that is very similar to the new jackal when i'm there. just make sure if that if you are running ss you gear it pretty steep. you need a lot of speed for the bigger rhythm sections.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cdburch said:
either one will do nicely at ray's i take my chameleon whenever i go, but i also borrow my buddy's custom park/dj bike that is very similar to the new jackal when i'm there. just make sure if that if you are running ss you gear it pretty steep. you need a lot of speed for the bigger rhythm sections.
So, do you find the Chameleon or the custom park/dj bike better (more fun) at Ray's? I have heard that the Al frames are pretty stiff (harsh ride), but guessing that's not a big factor for Ray's or most urban/dj.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah, the Chameleon is probably a better all round hardtail choice, but I was still planning to bring the BLT for the skinnys, etc. Better practice for the trails anyway. Both sound like a good choice, just thinking a more urban/dj oriented bike might be a bit more fun on the pump track and rhythm sections.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.