Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whoever is building jumps at Jack London State Park, quit it. I don't want to lose access because someone is stupid enough to build jumps on the main fire road. This place is run by volunteers, and it would be really easy for them to just say, "No more bikes." Also, it use to be free if you walked or rode in, but not anymore. $10 to park, and $5 to ride or walk in to the park.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
He's right, the main trail is not the place for those types of things, not now. Access is limited around here as it is. Im not against jumps by any means but the old ladies that run these types of things sure are.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The rant was specifically addressing the jumps. I should have typed in all caps to get my point across better... The comment about fees was just an FYI, since it was free the last time I rode in a couple of years ago.

·
Hoolie Ghoulie on Strava.
3,242 Posts
I have never made it up there, aside from Farm Demonstration Day, which was really interesting. Great park. It was a million degrees though. There were about 100 people wandering around horse driven plows, sheep shearing demo, big horses, hay ride, etc. then I see 2 guys on downhill-ish bikes. I was so jealous. How is the riding up there legal wise?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's just one big hill climb to the top, but on the way back down, I take the Sonoma Ridge Trail and there is a good amount of fun singletrack. If you just want to go rip around on your mountain bike, Annadel is a better option. But JLSP is much more scenic and much less crowded. I only ride there every couple of years, but it's nice if I'm not in the mood to do my normal XC nerd strava ride.

·
NedwannaB
12,767 Posts
It's just one big hill climb to the top, but on the way back down, I take the Sonoma Ridge Trail and there is a good amount of fun singletrack. If you just want to go rip around on your mountain bike, Annadel is a better option. But JLSP is much more scenic and much less crowded. I only ride there every couple of years, but it's nice if I'm not in the mood to do my normal XC nerd strava ride.
That's my route too. Although I took the Ridge Tr on the way up the first time. Way more funnerer taking it "after" you've done the grind to the top! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts