Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
I've got a 20" Jabber and feel pretty stretched out in the cockpit (I'm 6'2"). Are you sure you need a lay-back seatpost?
I can't imagine life without tubeless. There's a steep but short learning curve and then you're golden.
Good lookin' build!
Cheers,
M

·
Some Dude
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've got a 20" Jabber and feel pretty stretched out in the cockpit (I'm 6'2"). Are you sure you need a lay-back seatpost?
I can't imagine life without tubeless. There's a steep but short learning curve and then you're golden.
Good lookin' build!
Cheers,
M
I've been thinking about that actually. I found it on craigslist for pretty cheap so that's why I got it. I might have to swap it for a straight post :)

·
one chain loop
2,360 Posts
personally, if i have all that money to spend to build a bike from scratch i would go matching parts.

if i start with hope hubs, might as well go with hope headset, seat clamps and skewers.

thomson cockpit is a prerequisite. i'd go seatpost and stem combo, they do have nice seatpost clamp too.

i don't see any king parts there. hubs, headset, bottom bracket package is a nice option will be very purty.

and might as well go all in with hbc cog and chainring.

·
Some Dude
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, I've got a lot of different brands going on there. I'm not quite sure how I came to choose the parts that I did. I have only bought a couple things so changes can still be made...

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
nice on the jabber.

i also ride a 20"(6'3") and have a straight thomson 410mm post with my fizik tundra run all the way back. in other words i'm on the cusp of needing the layback for proper fit.

might as well go tubeless if you are building up around those hopes.

also, how wide are your bars? i'm riding 680mm. need to get some 740mm ASAP.

·
surly inbred
1,539 Posts
personally, if i have all that money to spend to build a bike from scratch i would go matching parts.
I'd prolly drop the coin somewhere else, like say... on a Canfield. I've no experience with the Jabber, but the **** I've heard doesn't give me warm fuzzies when it comes time for support or parts.

I really like the paint by number spec. This helps a ton when I put my ****ing critic hat on & come in here all swervy & ****.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.