Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey team,

I'm thinking on dropping some cash on the ixs Trigger ff wit go mips.

Who out of there had one.
What do you do like?
What don't you like?
Has anyone plowed their face into the ground while wearing one? If so did your teath survive?
Would you buy it again.

I'm looking for a light weight breathable helmet full face. I do a lot of hike a bike up old deserted mountain goat tracks. It's typically ride, push, carry for 500 to 700m vert for 1 to 2hrs then turn around and ride back do down steep slow twisty tech.

I'm currently using a proframe which has saved my teeth a couple of times. But as the chin pads compress over time the helmet becomes loose. I'm thinking the twisty tightener thing on the trigger will give better long term adjustment. Plus any of improvement In cooling will be good for the 2 hr hike a bike section.

Garnish me with your vast experience with this product.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have been using it for a year now and loving it!

The helmet is so comfy that I have been using it for everything from trail, DH and dirt jumps.
I have also Fox Rampage Pro gathering dust now as once you try best ventilated full face helmet is hard to give up on that.

So on tho the issues now ...

I went from M/L size which should leave me with with some adjustment range as my head measures 59cm but reality is that I have to fully tight on to get decent fit. Next time I would go with S/M option.

Another annoying issue is that it doesn't go well with any of my Googles, only low profile MTB glasses seems to work fine.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Mark.

I don't use goggles. So I guess you negative will not affect me.

·
Premium Member
8,762 Posts
The MIPS Trigger is new, I doubt anyone has been riding it yet. I suspect it's a good helmet, like the Trigger in fit and finish. I'd get one when my Trigger is done.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've tried the non mips it feels good. I've got mips trigger on order. Turning up in Feb

1 - 8 of 8 Posts