Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
what...?
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There it sits in the garage, leaning against my hardtail. Still immaculate from the washing last fall. Not a bit of dirt anywhere, under the cables or between the treads. All nice and shiney, even the rims are without stains. Just covered by a bit of dust.
No, I have not ridden my Spot since November. Was using the road bike a bunch. Then the snows came. And came. And came. And it still sat in the garage. I managed to get to warmer climes a few times this winter, but all I did was play golf. I saw bike riders, and wished I could have ridden, but it seems golf has taken over.
So now the snow has melted, the trails around here are a mush mess and the streets are covered in sand. No MTBing, no road riding.:prft:
and I'm waiting for my local municipal golf course to open for the season.

This sucks!

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
Just drive to the trailhead with it on the car. That's all that's expected from a turner owner

·
nocturnal oblivion
2,331 Posts
SSINGA said:
Just drive to the trailhead with it on the car. That's all that's expected from a turner owner
Ouch. I'll confess. I've set aside riding my new 2010 Spot, been roadie-ing it 46 miles a day commuting instead (never did before). I used to ride my Intense 5.5 a solid 3 days a week, then I got the Turner, got broke, and am now trying to save money on gas.

How's that for irony...but that handful of rides on it I did have were all good.

·
It's carbon dontcha know.
4,412 Posts
SSINGA said:
What if I don't have a car? :skep:

·
Surfin' da mountain
809 Posts
Haven't ridden my Spot since November either - it was stolen!
Tomorrow is a big day. Its the day my Turner invoice states my 2011 Spot will be shipped to me. I have boxes of goodies on the shelf waiting for installation.

So in my humble opinion you should wipe the layer of dust off your spot and take it for a spin - even if just for me :thumbsup:

·
what...?
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
be350ka said:
Please tell me that you are not giving up riding for golf....!!!!
Keep in mind, golf is the "sport of kings".

No, I'm not giving up riding, I just play alot more golf these days than ride:eekster:

·
Registered
236 Posts
And I thought us Brits had it bad during the winter.... we had a bit of snow this year, but winters are mostly grey and wet - we get out and ride through the clag and mush anyway.

Destroys drivetrains quickly, but couldn't live without riding.

·
Registered
528 Posts
go digger go. one of the few things that kept me sane when lay in isolation after a stem cell transplant was the view of the moors and a poster of peaty. the thought of riding and feeling the trail beneath me the mud/rain/snow/sun/wind in my face and the lush eight inch of highline travel.
for the last two years i've been riding cancer and let me tell you it don't pedal anywhere near as well as the HL! when i'm fit enough to get it out of the cellar i'm going to ride the f**ker as much as i can regardless of weather.
come on the fitness.............

·
nocturnal oblivion
2,331 Posts
nickhart said:
go digger go. one of the few things that kept me sane when lay in isolation after a stem cell transplant was the view of the moors and a poster of peaty. the thought of riding and feeling the trail beneath me the mud/rain/snow/sun/wind in my face and the lush eight inch of highline travel.
for the last two years i've been riding cancer and let me tell you it don't pedal anywhere near as well as the HL! when i'm fit enough to get it out of the cellar i'm going to ride the f**ker as much as i can regardless of weather.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
3 "fiddy" for short
2,739 Posts
nickhart said:
Get well, nick! Where are you from?

·
Pixie Dust Addict
3,366 Posts
Thanks for the dose of perspective, Nick. It's a very powerful reminder not to take the pleasures of going for a mountain bike ride for granted. Hope you're able to get that Highline soon.

·
Registered
528 Posts
God's own county Yorkshire. Sheffield to be more precise, steel city and a great place for beer and technical mountain biking.
It's been a long two years and whether it'll ever be truly finished I dunno but I'm back at work as a secondary school teacher and loving that. walking the dog and building some of my long lost fitness back up, slowly!
cheers for the kind words.
nick

1 - 17 of 17 Posts