1,290 Posts
the danger boy linkage looks sick!

you'll love the 888 its a sick fork

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RobsterCraw said:
You need to quit kidding yourself, everybody knows a bike is never finished. j/k looks solid, big fork for a coiler
i thought it was risky puttin a 8in on a coiler but i want for it, and the geometry is still fine for me.

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
nice looking bike, im running the 888 on my stinky. how are the dangerboy plates im debating whether or not there worth the cash. i thought u had to run the 24 with the plates?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
austinb89 said:
nice looking bike, im running the 888 on my stinky. how are the dangerboy plates im debating whether or not there worth the cash. i thought u had to run the 24 with the plates?
the plates are from betd, ive not heard about having to run a 24 though.
maybe its because ive a large frame and the arch above the rear wheel doesnt hit the seat when landing...

ive now got 7in rear travel too, although ive kept my original spring because im quite light
im probably going to have to get a stiffer spring soon though.

the plates work great and the shock handles them surprisingly well - there is no out of control rebound what so ever...but most of you will need a stiffer spring to set the sag correct.

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
I finished my Coiler too. What a coincidence. Though... It's not like yours. Mine's more of a do-it-all kind of bike.

Pike SL
Juicy 7 brakes on 8" Hayes rotors
24" Halo SAS
XTR cassette
XTR rear derailleur
Wipperman Connex 1x9 chain
MRP Chainguide
Big Earl cranks (soon to be with Blackspire Lexan c4 bashguard and E13 36t chainring)
Etc. Etc. Etc.

Attachments

·
603 Posts
nice

both bikes are rad, enjoy them!

Porch

·
Still on Training Wheels!
1,107 Posts
Is it just me or does his Pike look like a twig compared to this one?

·
Registered
213 Posts
yea i pretty muck looks like a twig

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sweet bikes will and drum, more freeride than mine though which probably means a good few pounds less :p

oh yea, how on earth did you get the bike to balance? :confused: or was it just a quick snap before it fell to the floor :D

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
drum714 said:
Is it just me or does his Pike look like a twig compared to this one?
put a 24" wheel on that one and it'll look twig too.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts