Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
West Virginia Cyclist
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked and looked and looked for a way to turn this into a legit product in a refined form. Any and all resources for turning it into a product have ended in these ways:

1 Costing too much for me (college student)
2 They laughed at me
3 Legal issues/ blah.

I have given up, and just ask for recognition if you try this:

Details can be found on the image link.

sorry for the cheap shilling of my blog :(

·
West Virginia Cyclist
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
osmarandsara said:
Great idea.....thnx for sharing......i checked out the vids, seems to me you still have the camera aiming too high...also you should go and test your mount on some trails to see how it holds up.....
I don't know..... the first video seems too high, second was sub par but slightly acceptable.

I've done other videos and bends since then but in major snow and not very recognizable :(

regardless, headtube angles are slightly different on most rigs. Therefore experimentation is key :D

·
The White Jeff W
5,712 Posts
I think to market this the design would need to be refined a bit more to compensate for different head angles. Some sort of adjustable elbow in the middle of the mount. The only negative I see is that every steering input is going to be transferred to the camera so you would need to be super smooth on the trail to avoid a lot of side to side motion. You can see it a bit in your sample videos.

Great idea, though! I'd love to see more trail video.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.