Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I bought this Addict Cycles DJ frame. It's super nice. Lot's of machining, good welds, good tubing. Frame weight is a hair under 5 pounds. It's anodized black. I got a real good deal on it. Right after I got it built up, I saw a bunch of them show up on eBay. That kind of bothered me. I thought I was special. Oh well, I'm still the only one in Illinois to have one.

Still minus some bling. I was supposed to get a silver King headset, but they sent me black. Whatever, it was free. Was going to get one of those KMC x9 gold chains and other bits of gold, but huzzah! I found a new Wipperman 9x1 in my parts box, and I know how well they work, so I used that.

Chris King headset
Koski Stronghold Deluxe stem
Titec Hellbent DH bars
Rockshox Pike fork
ODI Rogue lock-on grips
Avid Juicy 7 brakes mated to 203mm Hayes V8 rotors
Hope QR seat collar
Thomson 27.2x330 seatpost
Halo SAS wheelset, bolt-on rear
Truvativ DHLT bb
Bontrager Big Earl cranks
Blackspire Lexan 1/2" c4 bashguard
e13 36t Guide Ring
e13 SRS chainguide
XT Cassette
Wipperman Connex 1x9 chain
SRAM x.9 shifter
SRAM x.9 mid cage rear derailleur
Shimano XTR housing

Real solid build, not much that I want to change. Might change the bar/stem setup and I want a SRAM PG990 cassette. Kidd is helping me out with some laser cut aluminum rotors to try out.

Attachments

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had it built up for a bit over a month. I had finals, then got real sick. So I've only had a chance to DJ it twice.

I forgot the pictures of the bike...

Addict Cycles

Nice machining

Integrated tensioners with optional derailleur hanger/grind guard (can be bolted on both sides).

Nice machined headtube, came faced/reamed and ready to go. Wrong color CK headset, and some carbon bits.

Street mode

Up the travel and it's ready to drop-in

Dropout/disc mount

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm... Looks like my grass is all dieing around the fence... Damn neighbors...

Haro, shaddup. Heheh. My bike, I choose 24s. They have their advantages. And if I really want, I have a set of 26s.

I didn't really want to show it until I got absolutely everything I wanted on it. It's still missing some bling, but it'll do.

·
Registered
713 Posts
XSL_WiLL said:
Hmm... Looks like my grass is all dieing around the fence... Damn neighbors...

Haro, shaddup. Heheh. My bike, I choose 24s. They have their advantages. And if I really want, I have a set of 26s.

I didn't really want to show it until I got absolutely everything I wanted on it. It's still missing some bling, but it'll do.
Nice HT yo!

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
looks really nice man. what size frame is it that? top tube looks extra long. nice build up

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
austinb89 said:
looks really nice man. what size frame is it that? top tube looks extra long. nice build up
Frame only comes in one size. It's a 11.15" seattube. 21.8" effective TT. 15.75 to 16.65" chainstay. 41.1" Wheelbase. BB height is about 12" with the Pike at 95mm. Standover is 25 inches.

Optical illusion, the TT is pretty short.

Thanks for all the compliments.

·
USB Rep'n
2,413 Posts
XSL_WiLL said:
Frame only comes in one size. It's a 11.15" seattube. 21.8" effective TT. 15.75 to 16.65" chainstay. 41.1" Wheelbase. BB height is about 12" with the Pike at 95mm. Standover is 25 inches.

but Willy, where's yer Sherman??

sweet rig man!

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
XSL_WiLL said:

thats interesting,well all in all it looks great. congrats man. thats a first time for me to ever see that frame maker

·
Samsonite Tester
3,993 Posts
Bring on the action photos.

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This weekend is the 2Hip BMX show at the shop. So no can do. Next weekend getting my wisdom teeth pulled. Weekend after that is more work. The 20th I'm leaving for the Northwest for about 2 weeks and riding/visiting family.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.